Weyerhaeuser Product Supply Manager in Longview, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Longview Lumber mill, located in Longview, WA, is seeking a/Product Supply Leader/to support the management of our finished goods inventory and product forecasting system.
The/Product Supply Leader/is a key member of the operation’s leadership team. It is a full time, exempt position. The position is the point of contact for the mill’s sales and operational planning process. This requires both a focus on people leadership, as well as full utilization of information, established reliable procedures and methods that impact the materials, equipment and people in the work area.
The/Product Supply Leader/is expected to be a leader in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by role modeling our core principles of caring, integrity and fairness, creating a positive work environment and ensuring open communication among all associates.
- Role Models and leads safety processes to enhance the safety culture and sustain strong safety record.
- Support the management of the finished goods inventory system and the order file, with focus in the areas of inventory accuracy, flow and rotation.
- Plan and supervise the preparation of orders for shipment, loading of trucks to meet customer commitments and on-time shipping.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in safety, housekeeping, waste reduction, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and cost.
- Actively involved in the development of his/her employees through training, coaching, and regular performance evaluations and feedback.
- Development of Sales and Operational Plan (S&OP) volumes on weekly, monthly, quarterly basis for transactional committed sales volumes.
- Interface with tactical product manager and sales manager to match mill production supply with sales demand commitments.
- Forecasting and scheduling mill rough and finished production utilizing all S&OP tools and processes.
- Financial reconciliation weekly, monthly, and quarterly of production, lumber inventories, and logs.
- Effectively interact with site leadership and sales personnel to work through potential process problems/improvements in order to meet customer needs.
- Safety and team oriented with a strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective written, verbal, listening and overall communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office and other Windows based programs, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Strong data collection/analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of proactive process improvements and excellent follow-through in meeting commitments.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated success in working with customers, peers, direct reports, managers and other Company employees.
- Willingness to work extended hours, off-shifts and weekends when conditions warrant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Supervisory or leadership experience – preferably in wood products
- Proficient with data systems (SQL, Excel, Activplant, SAP)
- Experience with lumber optimization (pricing, parameters, OEM software)
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts.
- Work related experience in a unionized production environment.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Product Supply Manager
Requisition ID: 01016098
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs