Weyerhaeuser Process Control Manager in Longview, Washington
Our Longview Lumber Mill is currently recruiting for a Process Control Manager.
The Process Control Manager will play a critical role in supporting continuous improvement in safety, manufacturing, cost, process reliability and productivity at the lumber mill. The role will perform analysis on systems data and develop processes and improvement plans to support operations through Process Control Engineering. Other responsibilities will include HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and revisions, PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) revisions, Networking revisions, evaluation of operating software and implementation of changes required to achieve controls excellence.
The Process Control Manager will interact with the plant maintenance and operations teams to support the use and maintenance of the system, and with engineers and project managers to facilitate engineering, capital and major maintenance projects.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Dayshift schedule with flexibility to respond to unplanned plant events and work flexible schedules across shifts when required.
As Process Control Manager, you will:
- Perform process control troubleshooting & programming, drive installation & programming for all mill areas.
- Provide Technical assistance to specify, design and develop improvements in automation, process control & motion control systems.
- Deliver troubleshooting support mill-wide, maintain and enhance the engineering process control philosophy, strategy, and controls standard operating procedures.
- Lend expertise to departments to ensure understanding of process control characteristics.
- Assist in mentoring and training of maintenance associates in electrical systems, PLC & motion control systems.
- Assist in developing (and managing) capital project's PLC scope & requirements for new equipment and major repairs.
- Develop/maintain mill standards for PLC’s, HMI’s, and general Process Control Network
- Work with power distribution systems including switchgear, transformers & MCC maintenance.
- Maintain broad-based product knowledge including Variable Frequency Drives (Allen Bradley), PLC’s (Allen Bradley), Motion Control, Coordinated Drive Systems, Instrumentation, Process Control, HMI Software (Wonderware and FactoryTalk), Network design experience with Ethernet.
- Participate in Business Process Controls Team activities - monthly involvement and reporting.
Develop an understanding of the sawmill and planer manufacturing process and opportunities for continuous improvement.
Commitment to safety – demonstrated record of understanding and following safety practices and procedures.
- High School GED/Diploma.
- Technical Diploma in Controls, Instrumentation, Robotics, or similar field.
- Strong electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills.
- Electrical experience and build capabilities including process control panels, safety circuit, wiring diagrams, I/O, MCC, VFD's, Drives, Tuning, Servers, pneumatics, valves, hydraulics, P & ID diagrams.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Innovative, willing to learn and open to new ideas.
- Able to read, understand and interpret prints/drawings/manuals to troubleshoot power and control electrical systems.
- Solid organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills, with team focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years' experience in Electrical and Process Controls Systems in an industrial manufacturing and production environment.
- Strong Control Logix programming/troubleshooting skills (RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 software).
- Experience with electrical power distribution equipment and maintenance.
- Experience with safety and electrical conformance standards including UL, NEC, OSHA, NFPA 70E, IEEE and FM.
- Experience managing capital projects (budgeting, developing project packages with bids, project scope, execution plans, etc.).
- Solid understanding and ability to diagnose electronic hardware.
- Experience in AutoCAD or other Engineering Drawing software.
- Basic networking and network terminology.
- Experience with or willing to learn TCPIP, Ethernet IP, and other networks.
- Knowledge of modern machine safeguarding standards. e.g.: ISO13857.
- Experience with modern PLC motion control drives and methods.
- Experience with high voltage (10kV ) systems.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: Process Control Manager
Requisition ID: 01016095
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs