Weyerhaeuser Diesel Mechanic in Longview, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Western Timberlands Trucking operations in Longview, WA has an opening for an experienced diesel truck mechanic. This is a multi-craft maintenance position focused on the troubleshooting and repair of log trucks and light vehicles through basic mechanical and welding skills.
The position is full-time with the current schedule set as Monday – Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Hourly employees at this operation are represented by the IAM-AW Union. The pay rate starts at $27.95 per hour, with the opportunity to earn $30.19 per hour with an extra $0.64 per hour for working swing shift. Benefits (in accordance with the Labor Agreement) include medical, dental, vision, pension and 401k plans, vacation and holidays.
- Effectively interface with drivers to quickly detect, diagnose and repair equipment failures, as well as contact or obtain any additional resources necessary to respond to identified maintenance needs.
- Ability to use a laptop diagnostic system, troubleshoot engines, drivetrains, electrical systems, brakes, mount tires.
- Perform preventative maintenance on trucks to include general servicing and fluid changes.
- Complete diesel engine work (Cummins and Paccar).
- Perform welding functions.
- Administrative work within the maintenance tracking/reporting systems.
- Desire to further develop your skills as well as new competencies as they are required to meet the maintenance needs of the operations.
Ability and willingness to mentor and train other mechanics.
High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of diesel school or equivalent (three to four years OTJ).
- Three years’ experience working as a diesel mechanic.
- Must be safety conscious; self-motivated, an effective team player, and able to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in diesel engines, low voltage electricity, air conditioning, welding, gear trains, basic failure analysis and journeyman level mechanic skills.
- Must provide own personal tools of the trade.
- A valid Class A CDL is preferred.
- Experience with Cummins Insight, Cummins Quick Server, and Paccar DAVIE maintenance software programs is desired.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./**
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: *Diesel Mechanic *
Requisition ID: 01016886
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs