Washington State DSHS Registered Nurse Shift Manager in Lakewood, Washington
Registered Nurse 4 - Shift Manager As Shift Manager for the Nursing Administration, one of your major contributions will be the authorship in how Western State Hospital provides quality care to mental health and psychiatric patients. In this role, you need to be tenacious as a change agent and lead with kindness and courage. The key to being successful will be your ability communicate with clarity to the team you supervise and also to the variety of staff you'll interact with.
This is an excellent career advancing opportunity where you'll enjoy the ability to grow, stability with a reliable schedule, and outstanding benefits so you can thrive in the care you provide. Details about the shift and center can be found in the supplemental questions.
Some of what you'll do:
- Plan, direct, and evaluate all nursing functions and patient care provided in compliance with Western State Hospital's policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations
- Articulate and uphold the standards of psychiatric nursing practice
- Allocate nursing resources based on patient acuity and care needs
- Responsible for screening and assessing patients for voluntary and involuntary admissions
- Collaborate and communicate with all levels of staff who assist in patient care, management, and conflict resolution
- Ensure compliance with professional nursing standards and perform key leadership functions for nursing within an assigned center
- Manage on-call nursing staff
- Supplement staffing with overtime staff to ensure staff and patient safety
- Hold self and nursing staff accountable for provision of evidenced based patient care
*We are looking for RNs who have: * Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing, a valid Washington State Registered Nurse license or the ability to obtain one by start of employment, and four years of professional nursing experience, including two years in a lead capacity over other nursing personnel.
A bachelor's degree or higher degree involving major study in nursing may be substituted for two years of non-supervisory experience. One year of full-time experience teaching nursing may be substituted for one year of supervisory experience.
Questions regarding this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (360) 725-5885 and reference job number 00014. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $6,509.00 - $10,671.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2019-00014
Closing: 1/17/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact