Washington State Virtual Claims Center Manager (non-perm) in Lacey, Washington
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD) we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide our communities with inclusive workforce solutions that promote economic resilience and prosperity. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and now provide paid family and medical leave.
Our agency's mission and values drive every decision that we make, determine how we interact with others and are at the core of who we are. We value Collaboration, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Innovation, and Integrity, Investing in our people and Service with kindness. We understand that a work environment that respects your work/life balance is key that's why many of our positions are eligible for flexible work schedules and teleworking opportunities. Through support, value and trust our employees are empowered to grow and develop into their best self.
How you will serve The Unemployment Insurance Customer Support (UICS) Division provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own and collects unemployment insurance taxes from employers to fund the system. The Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits section manages direct customer service to unemployment insurance claimants and employers participating in the claims processes. These services include processing claims for benefits and determining eligibility for benefits at three full service UI Claims Centers. The Claims Center Operations Managers report to the Programs and Integration Manager.
Our Unemployment Insurance Customer Support (UICS) Division is looking for an experienced manager to lead the design and implementation of our first dedicated virtual claim center. In this role you will bring your expertise leading virtual customer service/support teams. In addition to helping lauch our first dedicated virtual claims center you will be responsible for the lawful, efficient and timely delivery of UI benefits customer services to claimants, employers, and third party administrators; ensure compliance with laws, rules, and policies; develop staff through coaching and training; You will also be responsible for staff performance and ensuring staff accountability and administer the Virtual Claims Center budget.
- Develop a human-centered people first engaging virtual experience for staff.
- Foster a respectful, innovative, and customer-focused working environment using LEAN tools and techniques and ensure that process improvement initiatives are resourced and managed appropriately.Design the operations plan to manage the daily operations of the Virtual Claims Center
- Direct the work of all line supervisors
- Manage the performance of Claims Center staff by holding supervisors accountable for the productivity of their team members and quality of their team members work.
- Conduct timely and meaningful evaluations of direct reports work.
- Initiate corrective action with supervisors as necessary.
- Coach and mentor supervisors. Ensure they have the tools and training necessary to manage their respective teams’ performance, and that supervisor address performance issues timely and appropriately.
- Monitor budgeted to actual expenses, making adjustments as necessary to ensure fiscal targets are met.
- As authorized by approved budget and delegated authority, manage personnel functions – establish positions, recruit, hire, train and initiate corrective and disciplinary actions, and ensure staff have current job descriptions, expectations, and evaluations.
- Collaborate with UICS management team members to ensure consistent statewide application of standards, policies, and procedures for the UI Program.
- Manage administrative functions and ensure compliance with administrative policies such as inclement weather, emergencies, travel, and contracting. Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree and five years’ experience managing and/or supervising staff in a diverse, multi-functional, customer-focused service deliver environment, or a combination of education (up to four years) and experience. A minimum of two (2) of those years must include managing and/or supervising staff.
- A minimum of 2 years experience leading large virual customer service/support.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of strategic and operational business planning principles and processes and performance outcomes measurement. Understands the business environment, appropriate management and use of technology, and possess the ability to interact with partners, stakeholders and customers in strategic planning and problem solving
- Must have the ability to demonstrate and promote leadership characteristics/attributes, motivate and inspire employees, and serve as a role model for quality leadership behaviors. Ability to set clear and reasonable expectations and gain support and buy-in.
- Must be able to make timely decisions and take calculated risks based on available information, accept responsibility for decisions and able to modify decisions based on new information. Must be able to initiate actions that involve a deliberate risk to achieve a recognized benefit or advantage.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, and internal and external partners using a variety of methods including clear and concise oral and written forms of communication. Must possess good presentation skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact with others in an amicable and professional manner. Assess and evaluate performance and work behaviors and establish a respectful and productive work environment based on trust. Provide and accept constructive feedback in an impartial manner and, where appropriate, initiate timely corrective/disciplinary actions. Demonstrate consistency and fairness. Ability to develop and lead effective teams. Ability to cultivate and foster processes necessary to resolve issues in a customer service delivery system. Knowledge of motivational and recognition programs.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret data and performance goals, assess data to identify trends and characteristics influencing operational or performance outcomes.
- Must possess the ability to effectively safeguard Agency financial resources by consistently following applicable fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards. This may be demonstrated by professional working experience monitoring expenditures in support of a program. Supplemental Information
To apply, attach a letter of interest, resume, and references to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
- A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
- Applications with comments such as "see attachments" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- Final external candidates must be able to pass the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. Modern Workplace ESD's* employee engagement continued to trend upward in 2019 as we developed programs to improve the employee experience. *We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
Please contact_ Joe Vansyckle _by _email email@example.com _ if you have any questions regarding this posting. You can also email us at HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
Salary: $60,516.00 - $111,060.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2020-06491
Closing: 10/26/2020 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact