Washington State Unemployment Insurance Specialist 2 - Intake (UIS2 Non-permanent 2018 - 06921) (6) Lacey in Lacey, Washington
**Please Note: This recruitment is for a non-permanent position, anticipated to last through January 31, 2019.
This recruitment has been changed to open continuous. Initial application reviews will begin on July 24, 2018. We encourage you to apply as early as possible. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision and close the posting anytime July 24, 2018.**
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family and medical leave.
Our Lacey Claims Center provides timely and accurate unemployment benefits, information and referrals to appropriate resources. We are in need of several non-permanent Intake Agents (Unemployment Insurance (UI) Specialist 2) to assist claimants in filing UI claims and troubleshooting any issues that may arise, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, fairness and accessibility of unemployment insurance benefits. We need individuals with strong customer service skills as you will be greeting customers by telephone, determining their needs and assisting with claim issues, answering questions and reopening claims.
By providing this type of support, you will ensure the accuracy, efficiency, fairness and accessibility of UI Benefits for our customers. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we invite you to apply and join our team in making a difference in our communities!
As a member of the Intake team, you will provide assistance and problem resolution to claimants attempting to file Unemployment Insurance claims. You will be relied upon to process initial claims and add-claims, re-open claims, supply input for monetary re-determinations for UI claims and assist in resolving issues which may affect timely and accurate payments.?
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Answering questions from claimants regarding procedures, laws and policies with respect to unemployment insurance.
- Investigate, and detect unemployment issues and take action on customer calls.
- Handle complaint calls from claimants and, if necessary escalate to appropriate level.
- Answer complex questions from employers, claimants, and others, advising those affected, based on UI laws, policies, and procedures.
- Apply complex laws and policies, rules, regulations, and procedures applicable to the unemployment insurance program.
- Review documents for completeness, accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify specific issues relative to eligibility and refer to Adjudication for determination.
- Conduct telephone interviews and review and obtain work history and verify earnings and hours in order to complete routine and complex claims.
- Communicate reporting requirements, benefits and eligibility rights to claimants, employers, and third parties. Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree and one year of professional level experience providing customer service in areas such as unemployment insurance, social services, human resource services, education, public relations, benefits programs, or insurance claims, a combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Customer service experience, as specified above, will substitute, year for year, for education. * OR Successful completion of the Basic UI Training Course as a UI Specialist 1. * OR Six months of experience in a classification equivalent to UI Specialist 1 in another state's Employment Security agency. Supplemental Information
Please attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete. Other Information
Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Veteran's Preference Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!
Modern Workplace ESD's employee engagement survey scores improved by 8 percent in 2017. Our agency is devoted to ongoing improvement and continues to develop strategies and programs to enhance the employee experience. We are working to create a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Jeanette Nelson at 360-902-9544 if you have any questions regarding this posting. You can also email us at HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
Salary: $35,664.00 - $46,452.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Employment Security Department
Job Number: 2018-06921
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact