D.R. Horton, Inc. Div Stormwater CPL Spec II-WA in Kirkland, Washington
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc.is currently looking for a_Division Stormwater Compliance Specialist II-WA_. The right candidate will manage the Division Stormwater Management Program with respect to Clean Water Act Sections 301, 402 and 404: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), as well as applicable federal, state, and local stormwater regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sign and submit stormwater compliance related regulatory permit applications
- Manage the Division Stormwater Management Program in compliance with both D.R. Horton operational standards and applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional regulations, in coordination and communication with the D.R. Horton Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers, the Division President and appropriate D.R. Horton personnel in Entitlements, Land Acquisition, Land Development and Vertical Construction (the “Division NPDES Program”)
- Develop, implement, and administer revisions to the Division Stormwater Management Program in conformance with the DHI Stormwater Management Program, and as regulatory, operational or industry practices-requirements dictate
- Communicate and supervise third-party contractors and consultants responsible for stormwater or wetlands NPDES compliance, e.g., stormwater design professionals, storm water pollution prevention design, inspection, and corrective action consultants, erosion and sediment control contractors, and wetland consultants to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and the Division Stormwater Management Program
- Liaise with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and participate through attendance or coordination in site inspections and investigations. Review and coordinate responses to routine requests for information from regulatory authorities. Communicate with Division President and Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers regarding regulatory agency concerns. Serve as the point of contact for responses to regulatory enforcement actions in coordination with the Office of General Counsel, the Corporate and Region Stormwater Compliance Managers, and the Division President
- Conduct routine inspections and quality assurance audits of design, administrative and in-field practices; provide corrective action directives to Division, contractors, and consultants to ensure that the Division Stormwater Management Program requirements and objectives are met
- Identify, develop and maintain cost efficiency/cost effective measures relative to stormwater compliance including implementation of appropriate technology and technical storm water compliance tools, measures and BMPs
- Serve as the division voice in stormwater emergency situations
- Maintain a working knowledge and proficiency of federal, state, and local stormwater regulations and compliance requirements; maintain professional state and local certifications, as applicable
- Implement the preparation and review of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans as necessary to assure compliance with the Division Stormwater Management Program
- Prepare and process NOIs, NOCs, NOTs, amendments and updates to permits as needed
- Provide periodic stormwater and/or related compliance familiarization and training of division personnel
- Acquire and make selections for consultants and contractors services and provide recommendations as requested
- Provide compliance appraisal reports to division, region and corporate as may be required
- Assist Division Stormwater Compliance Administrator(s) and/or Division Stormwater Compliance Specialist(s) I, as needed
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work an occasional weekend
- Ability to travel overnight
Education and/or Experience * High school diploma or general education degree (GED) * Three or more years stormwater years related experience * Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license * Must possess at least one, and possess or obtain within one year of employment, a total of two of the following four national stormwater certifications: Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Erosion, Sediment, and Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI), Certified Professional in Stormwater Quality (CPSWQ), Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC). * Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications * Proficiency with MS Office and email * Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; climb, balance and stoop, crouch or crawl; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision * Regular exposure to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts * The noise level is generally moderate unless construction activity is nearby
Preferred Qualifications * Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school a plus * Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
Annual Salary $80,000-$85,000 (DOE) plus bonus potential!
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Organization: *Home Builder
Title: Div Stormwater CPL Spec II-WA
Requisition ID: 2400351