Blue Origin Senior Avionics Hardware Design Engineer in Kent, Washington
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop avionics electronic controller hardware that operates rocket engines. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engine build, test, operation, and vehicle integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Develop circuits, boards, and rugged electronic hardware assemblies across the entire product life-cycle; including concept and requirements definition, design, prototyping, verification (power-on, functional / acceptance / qualification testing) and release to production.
Develop analog, digital, and mixed-signal boards that interact with avionics systems (including sensors and electromechanical/electrohydraulic actuators); including analysis, schematic capture, layout, design review, test/verification and release.
Support avionics controller architecture trades studies, analyses, performance characterization and specification, device selection, and controller roadmap direction.
Support controller risk analyses, failure modes effects and criticality analyses (FMECA), design for test/manufacture/cost (DFx), and root-cause analysis of test discrepancies.
Participate in program level technology development, mission assurance and safety initiatives, and avionics development process improvements.
Support rocket engine ground and flight test
B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 5+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
Direct hands-on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug
Knowledge of signal integrity, power, grounding, and general board layout principles
Exposure to analog and digital filters, signal conditioning and signal processing
Familiarity with amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters, power supplies, and analog circuits
Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
• Graduate degree in related engineering or technical field with 10+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
• Demonstrated expertise designing high-reliability, safety-critical, Class 2/3 board assemblies; including familiarity with IPC 6xx and NASA-STD-8739.n (or similar) standards.
• Proficiency using Cadence OrCAD / Allegro (or similar tools) to design complex aerospace boards; and experience working with external board manufacturing and assembly vendors.
• Proficiency with scripting; programming and analysis/modeling tools: Python, Linux/Windows shell scripting; assembly language, C, C++; MATLAB / Simulink / SPICE (or similar).
• Exposure to designing safety or mission critical aerospace flight hardware compliant with DO-254.
• Exposure to development of high-reliability, radiation-tolerant, radiation-hardened flight hardware intended for prolonged exposure to extreme space environments.
External Company Name: Blue Origin
External Company URL: www.blueorigin.com
Street: 21218 76th Ave S