King County Washington Custodian - Lead in Kent, Washington
The Building Operations Sectionin the Facilities Management Division(FMD) is seeking a reliable and dependable leaderfor the custodial team. The custodian team is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of interiors and exteriors of various office and industrial facilities.
This exciting opportunity is open to all qualified applicants.
ABOUT THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT DIVISION: Through a workforce of over 300 dedicated employees, the FMD operates and manages the County's capital assets by developing and maintaining cost-conscious, sustainable, high-quality facilities, and environments. The Building Operations Section provides custodial services, maintenance, and building operations.
To learn more about FMD, visit our website at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/operations/FacilitiesManagement.aspx.
Why it's worth taking a second look at working for King County:http://kingcounty.gov/audience/employees/careers/why-work-here.aspx
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES: The successful candidate at a minimum will demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Prioritize, schedule, assign, and oversee the work of custodians and floor care staff; oversee and evaluate their work; monitor their work in progress.
- Train custodians and floor care crew, and perform administrative duties.
- Follow-up with Supervisor on the work performed by custodians and floor care to evaluate performance and resolve issues.
- Prioritize emergency tasks in the absence of on-site supervision; respond to emergency calls as necessary.
- Review, assign and follow-up on maintenance work orders; including timesheet review and completion of other necessary paperwork.
- Provide input to supervisors in preparing performance feedback and in coaching custodians and floor care staff for improved performance; may investigate and address performance and conduct issues in a timely and appropriate manner and may participate in discussions regarding disciplinary actions with higher level supervisors.
- Perform duties of custodian and custodian floor care classifications as assigned including:
- Mix and use cleaning chemicals and solutions.
- Sweep and mop various types of floors, such as wood, linoleum, concrete and marble.
- Vacuum and extract dirt from carpet.
- Clean, stock and sanitize restrooms.
- Dust, wipe, wash and vacuum surfaces.
- Empty trash and recycle bins.
- Load and unload debris and trash.
- Request and stock various supplies.
- Clean glass and surface area.
- Proper use and care of all custodial and floor care equipment.
- Washing floors with specialized floor equipment.*
- Stripping and waxing floors with specialized floor equipment.
- Shampooing carpets with specialized floor equipment.
- Safely operate equipment and County-owned vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Possess three years of experience performing the work of a custodian or floor care, and are able to work independently and with the team.
- Have demonstrated skills in a leadership role and at least one year experience.
- Skills in using a computer, specifically Maximo and Microsoft Outlook.
- Have predictable and reliable attendance.
- Planning, coordinating and evaluating the work of others.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Expressing and conveying ideas effectively with the public and tenants, this includes internal and external to King County.
- Providing training to others.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Practicing and administering basic safety rules.
- Proper use and care of all custodial equipment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a King County application form (electronic or paper). We encourage you to also submit a resume and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, call Elvie Valasote at 206-477-9449 or by email at email@example.com.
NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License or the ability to travel throughout King County in a timely manner. Final appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination and a finger-print based criminal history check.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION: This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. The standard workweek is 40 hours. This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union, Local 925. The actual work location is being determined - possible locations: King Street Center (Seattle), Maleng Regional Justice Center (Kent), Downtown Seattle including the King County Correctional Facility.
Salary: $20.06 - $25.43 Hourly
Location: Kent, WA
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Department: Department of Executive Services - Facilities Management Division
Job Number: 2018EV08899
Closing: 11/23/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104