Esterline Aerospace Paint Assistant - 3rd Shift in Kent, Washington
Esterline Technologies Corporation Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industries. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide.
Company Profile Company Name: Hytek Finishes is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of the Esterline Engineered Materials platform of companies. Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services Number of Employees: 250
Job Overview Title:Paint Assistant / 3rd Shift Job Family:Operations Reports to: Production Supervisor, Shift Works with: Production Location: Kent, WA Type:Full Time
Job Summary Employees in this position prepare a variety of parts for painting through the Paint Department. They lay out parts on screens, transport loaded screens for various processes, sand parts, and generally assist the painters. The painters perform operations in accordance with Military and OEM specifications.
Prepare parts for processing through Paint Department
Ensure items are laid out correctly for the Painters
Attention to quality of product
Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
As a new Assistant, must follow technique card and instructions from more experienced Operator to process parts
Work closely with higher level Operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Sign off paperwork as required
Keep area clean and organized
Preparation of parts prior to operations
Use tooling and fixtures, when applicable
Prepare, understand, and documentation of technique card
Knowledge of pre and post cleaning surface finish requirements
Know how to complete required paperwork
Know how to avoid damaging material or equipment
Be familiar with Quality Assurance requirements & rework procedures
Be familiar with engineering drawing notations
Be familiar with the safety precautions & know how to avoid injury to personnel.
Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to drive positive change in productivity, delivery, and service. Be involved in Kaizen events as needed either as a participant or supporter.
Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Must be a US Person and able to provide proof of US Person status upon hiring.
- Ability to train others
- Ability to write technique cards
- Ability to use/learn Lean Tools and techniques to solve tactical and strategic problems and issues arising in this position.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent accuracy with a strong attention to detail and demonstrated teamwork attitude.
- Ability to multi task effectively.
- Ability to communicate well.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
1-2 years in manufacturing environment a plus.
Basic English reading, writing and math comprehension required.
Compensation and Benefits We offer industry-leading wages and benefits. Starting base pay begins at $15.50/hour which includes a shift differential of $0.75/hour for 3rd shift. We believe in promoting from within, so advancement opportunities are readily available.
Skill Based Pay System – In addition to promotion opportunities for performance, Hytek Finishes also provides skill based pay reviews every 6 months where an employee has the ability to increase their base pay by mastering and demonstrating certain skills within their assigned department and through cross-training opportunities.
Benefit package – Esterline Hytek Finishes offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) matching, Pension, discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 6 week’s paid Parental Leave, 3 week’s paid time off, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, onsite Occupational Health and massage therapy, free parking, and the ability to work with great people!
- Customer Focus -Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values -Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving -Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust -Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills -Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening -Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented -Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure -Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity -Supports fair and equal treatment for all. Essential Mental/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift occasionally: (floor to knee) 40 lbs., (waist to waist) 66 lbs., (floor, knee, to waist) 66 lbs., (waist to shoulder) 36 lbs.
- Ability to carry 40 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to push/pull 57 lbf. occasionally
- Ability to stand and walk frequently
- Ability to sit never
- Ability to reach from the shoulder and overhead occasionally and from the waist frequently
- Ability to bend frequently, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl occasionally
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally
- Ability to push/pull frequently
- Ability to pivot, twist, pinch occasionally
- Ability to grasp frequently
- Ability to see/hear/feel constantly – hearing protection required when working in the area
Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and fumes from metal finishing chemicals. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Due to the manufacturing environment, safety glasses and hearing protection are required.
- Day Shift: Monday through Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Third Shift: Sunday night through Friday morning 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Position Type: Regular