Arch Wood Protection, Inc Chemical Operator - R51222 in Kalama, Washington
Arxada is a pioneering leader with a powerful legacy: Over 120 years of creating specialty chemicals and solutions that potentiate the performance of our customers and their products. Our solutions, our expertise and our support help them to perform better - to be more efficient, more effective and more sustainable. We are passionate about empowering high performance and enabling our employees, partners and customers to realize their full potential. Together we make daily life safer, cleaner, healthier and greener. If you like making a difference, we are the company for you! Arxada has a great opportunity for a Chemical Operator in our Kalama, WA facility. Perform chemical operation tasks such as blending, extracting, drying, distillations, effecting size reductions with capability to perform and become certified in all processes involved in the full product line of the site. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of assigned process areas such that all regulatory, health, safety and environmental requirements are satisfied.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ISO requirements. Responsible for maintaining cGMP standards of position in daily tasks and operations. Maintenance of data integrity at all times.
- Works daily to insure areas of responsibility are meeting housekeeping standards to avoid hazards.
- Will handle hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste during the normal operation of this position.
- Constantly striving to improve process knowledge, obtain new certifications and maintain existing certifications.
- Informs supervision in a timely manner of conditions which may affect safety, quality, capacity or cause a process equipment hazard.
- Proactively shares ideas or takes action to implement changes that will improve the site and your processes.
- Works cooperatively as an active member of own and cross-functional teams.
- Steps forward and takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choice, behaviors or actions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
- cGMP experience and prior chemical operator experience is preferred. SAP a plus
- Must be comfortable with working a rotating 12-hour shift
Arxada has world class offering in three distinct areas: Consumer Microbial Control (CMC) focuses on the threat posed by microorganisms to people, with products spanning the food and drink, professional hygiene, home and personal care, crop protection and wood protection areas. Industrial Microbial Control (IMC) supplies antimicrobials and performance additives for the plastics, energy, textile and other industries, as well as dry-film and wet-state preservatives for the paints and coatings that provide protection and improve efficiency in the construction and marine sectors. Nutrition, Care & Environmental (NCE), meanwhile, provides materials used to manufacture composites for electronics, aerospace and other markets, as well as vitamins and nutritional ingredients, chemicals and performance intermediates, and raw materials for a wide range of high-performance applications. Arxada is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. US08 Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity