Aerotek Automation Upgrades Controls Engineer in Kalama, Washington
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures engineering drawings, maintenance procedures and technical information are kept up to date.
• Provide direction to maintenance associates and contract labor
• Lead the design and development of electrical projects and initiatives within the plant
• Identify and implement process equipment improvements utilizing reliability-based maintenance philosophy.
• Assist planners/scheduler to develop detailed shutdown work plans.
• Optimize spares holding levels, develop efficient supply contracts and minimize stock holding costs.
• Develop & organize maintenance associates in electrical automation, maintenance and safety.
• Carries out root cause analysis on equipment failures and takes appropriate measures to prevent failures from reoccurring.
Allen-Bradley, Automation, HMI, Electrical, Rockwell, Schematic, RSLogix, Robotics, Programming, Plc programming, AutoCAD, Scada, Motion control, Servo drives, AutoCAD Electrical
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineer or Automation engineering
• 5 years' experience in PLC Programming, preferably with Allen Bradly, Siemens, ect.
• Direct experience in controls and drives upgrades - ownership of upgrades projects from start-to-finish
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
• Experience in the implementation of industrial automation projects with successful cost and performance outcomes
• Project management experience
• Experience with Rockwell Automation products
Skills & Competencies
• Ability to effectively manage projects from conception to completion. Include budgeting, design, manpower allocation, timeline development, documentation and technical instruction.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems through application of principals of mechanics, electricity, and fluid dynamics to machines and equipment.
• Ability to understand the operation of moderately complex tools, machines and systems
• Ability to operate and understand a variety of computer applications and systems such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and SAP.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs