Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Lead Lifeguard) NF-02 in Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington
Current Certifications MUST be uploaded with application
This is a Flex position NOT TO EXCEED OCTOBER 3,2018, located within JBLM Aquatics. Apply today and become a member of the premiere Community Recreation Division of JBLM!
A cut-off date will apply to this vacancy. Those applications received by 11:59PM (EST) on June 14, 2018 will receive initial consideration. After the initial cut-off applicants may be referred on a weekly basis and/or until the positions are filled.
Learn more about this agency
- Assist with the operation of the pool, oversees the work of assigned lifeguard and monitors compliance with facility policies. Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards.
- Assists with the scheduling of employees. Assists with the operation of the pool, its filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water tests.
- Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance and notifying them of safety rules.
- Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required.
- Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21 or assisting with American Red Cross swim lessons as an Aide.
- Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Maintains daily logs, reports and records as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - For training purposes and assistance.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required.
- A successful background investigation Tier 1 (CNACI) submission to the Office of Personnel Management is a condition of employment that must be met not later than 30 calendar days after placement in the position.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holiday shifts. May be assigned irregular duties for recreation events and related requirements.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity.
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
Must possess the following certificates:
American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification).
American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates (CPR) Certification). When facilities use Automated External Defibrillator "AED's" and Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the following is required:
American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification.
American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Oxygen Administration certification.
Certificates MUST be uploaded with application
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Military spouses requesting spouse employment preference (SEP) consideration MUST provide a copy of the sponsor's PCS orders to the current duty station and marriage certificate at the time of application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
**Preference-eligible candidates (i.e. Spouse Preference & Involuntarily Separated Military) will be referred to management first If an additional list is required, the remaining applicants will be referred to management in the following order: 1. Priority Consideration (i.e. Current/Former NAF, Veterans, etc) Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. 2. Non-Priority Consideration Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Military Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate, DA 3434, ISMP ID Card, High School Diploma, GED Certificate, Professional Certificates
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (WENAFEU1810230255SR)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
JBLM NAF Human Resources Office
EU-NAF-W12KAA JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD DO NOT MAIL Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501998600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/08/2018 to 08/31/2018
Salary: $16 to $16 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent