Siemens Staff Ultrasound Systems Engineer, Advanced Development in Issaquah, Washington
Staff Systems Engineer, Advanced Development
The Staff Systems Engineer will report to the Manager of Advanced Applications and work as part of the Advance Development organization focused on ultrasound innovations in quantitative ultrasound and quantitative elastography (shear wave or similar). The primary responsibility of this role is the development of new and innovative quantitative imaging algorithms/features for premium ultrasound systems. This includes prototype refinement and evaluation in collaboration with leading clinical and technical researchers, and support of the prototype transfer into product release. Our mission is to be leaders in ultrasound by translating ultrasound innovations into applications that both advance clinical care and create business value.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform hands-on ultrasound imaging research and development on Siemens ultrasound scanners.
• Design, integrate and test quantitative imaging algorithms within the architecture of a premium ultrasound system.
• As project owner, work with a cross-functional team to drive features through the prototype development process and support transition into product development, release and support. The cross-functional team can include other Advanced Development team members, electrical hardware engineers, software developers, human factor engineers, user interface designers, ultrasound engineers, product managers, collaboration managers, marketing managers, project managers, system engineers, clinical developers, and external clinical collaborators.
• As a technical developer, support technical activities during multiple phases of the Siemens Product Development Process including concept development, research, prototype development, clinical investigation, product design requirements, product development, clinical optimization, verification, validation and field support.
• Support other team members with ultrasound imaging feature development and testing.
• Act as a partner in strategic grant-driven university collaborations.
• Required: Strong understanding of ultrasonic acoustics in human tissues and the relationship to ultrasound imaging system performance.
• Required: Strong Matlab and/or Python coding skills; basic familiarity with C, C++, C# coding and software design principles.
• Desired: Strong C, C++, C# skills and advanced software design knowledge.
• Desired: Experience with ultrasonic acoustic simulation tools (e.g., PZFlex, Field II) or experimentation environments (e.g. Labview).
• Required: Ability to function as an entrepreneurial team member, possessing a can-do attitude willing to complete a broad range of tasks to ensure the success of team objectives.
• Required: Ability to effectively communicate (both oral and written English) across a broad range of internal and external interfaces including Siemens staff and external partners.
• Required: Ability to communicate with clinical experts and translate clinical needs into technical solutions that meet or exceed those clinical needs.
• Required: Strong familiarity with research literature associated with technical developments in quantitative diagnostic ultrasound imaging (e.g., backscatter analysis and shear wave elastography).
• Desired: Strong understanding of clinical applications ultrasound technology in diagnostic imaging including standard imaging modes (e.g., B-mode, Doppler) and advanced imaging features (e.g. elastography, shear wave imaging).
• Desired: Understanding of regulatory requirements governing medical device design and development.
• Desired: Familiarity with commercial system offerings and market trends.
• Required: Ph.D. biomedical engineering (or closely related field) focused on quantitative ultrasound and/or quantitative elastography research and development
• Required: Graduate level coursework in digital signal processing, image processing, acoustics and medical imaging.
• Required: Experience implementing ultrasound signal/image processing algorithms into simulation environments (e.g., Matlab, Python, etc…), interpreting results and optimizing for desired performance characteristics.
• Desired: Experience implementing ultrasound signal/image processing algorithms on ultrasound hardware (research or clinical), collect relevant data, compare with simulation, and optimize for desired performance characteristics.
• Desired: Experience using Matlab and/or Python in algorithm or simulation development.
• Desired: Experience developing and/or evaluating quantitative ultrasound and/or shear wave imaging algorithms/modes for specific clinical objectives in a research or commercial environment.
• Desired: Experience working (as an intern or full-time employee) for a commercial diagnostic ultrasound company.
• Required: Experience in technical writing (e.g., peer reviewed publications, conference proceedings, or grant applications a plus)
• Desired: Experience preparing working with clinicians to develop/improve ultrasound imaging capabilities.
• Desired: Experience preparing clinical study protocols as part of securing regulatory approvals (e.g. IRB or Ethics Committee) for the clinical evaluation ultrasound imaging features.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here at https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html .
- Siemens Jobs