Microsoft Corporation Sr. Communications Manager - Customer Experiences Design and Digital (CX D&D) in Issaquah, Washington
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to be a part of the Customer Experience Design and Digital (CX D&D) organization to build and drive a comprehensive internal and external communications plan and strategy.
In CX D&D, we look at the world through the eyes of our customers and use that outside-in perspective to help shape products, services, and experiences throughout the customer lifecycle. We are in the middle of a transformation, moving beyond a focus on Support Delivery to truly driving the end-to-end customer experience for Microsoft. We’re looking for a great team member who wants to significantly impact the customer experience across Microsoft’s products and services.
The right candidate will bring a combination of creativity and proven track record in developing impactful internal, external communications, executive key messages and presentations.
Working with the Customer Experience Design & Digital (CX D&D) leadership team, you will create a communications strategy and plan for CX D&D that accrues to the over CE&S strategy and resonates with the different audiences across the global landscape.
• Create overall Communications plan and messaging framework for the CX D&D Leadership team.
• Provide executive communication support including, employee communications, internal & external communications, key messages, presentations, meetings, and profile development.
• Cultivate, write and share stories that support key messages and generate energy.
• Build a communications library of stories and presentation materials using a multi-model approach.
• Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles across CX D&D. Different formats or types of media should be used to reach a wider audience, such as, video, social media, articles, blog, website, etc. and establish listening channels to gather feedback and stay current with technology topics.
• Develop a rhythm of communication that builds upon the CE&S communication plan and drives clarity and engagement.
• Be a collaboration rock star - build strong partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business.
• 7+ years of experience in executive communications, including employee communication, marketing, public relations and/or journalism.
• Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to both internal and external audiences.
• Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including utilization of new channels, strategies, multimedia and other tools are effective to inform and engage people.
• Proven track record in developing communication plans and landing key messages for both internal and external audiences at all levels, with diverse cultures and languages
• Experience in strategic communications discussions with senior leaders and developing executive level presentations
• Experience working on the launch of new products, services or initiatives.
• Strong organizational skills, cross-organizational collaboration, and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• High interpersonal awareness, ability to impact and influence, and behaving with both a customer-obsessed mindset, while maintaining a team-first attitude
• Experience developing listening systems and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications, adjusting communications plans, as necessary
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
Location/Travel: You will be based in Issaquah, WA, near Microsoft HQ. You can expect travel to be less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs