General Electric Sr. Analytics Engineer- Machine Learning in Issaquah, Washington
As a Sr. Analytics Engineer, you will develop Machine Learning workflows and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from cellular images. You will conduct research on real-world commercial applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to prototype software and solutions. Your work will contribute to the advancing research of biology including drug discovery and cancer research.
• Develop software algorithms and tools using Machine Learning techniques for segmentation, analysis and interpretation of greyscale cellular image data
• Develop and implement prototypes and solutions and demonstrate applications to real world problems by quick prototyping and validation
• Leverage your computer vision expertise to invent and implement algorithms for detection and characterization, recognition, structural and semantic understanding, and inference from images and image ensembles
• Leverage imaging physics to enhance algorithmic performance
• Employ software libraries, tools, practices to implement efficient, scalable, and reusable solutions
• Team with image hardware, control system developers to jointly develop solutions
• M.S Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Computer Vision/Medical Image Analysis using Machine Learning
• Hands-on ability to create Neural Network models on machine learning platforms such as TensorFlow/Keras
• Experience with GPU programming in the processing and manipulation of images
• Demonstrated ability to write Python and C++ code for quick demonstration of ideas as well as robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems
• Formal characterization of probability and derived techniques including data modeling and evaluation
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Issaquah, WA
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ph.D. in a field related to Computer Vision is preferred
• Deep hands-on experience building computer vision systems involving algorithm development in fields such as image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Washington; Issaquah, Seattle
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.