Microsoft Corporation Senior Supportability Manager in Issaquah, Washington
Supportability organizational lead role for Data & AI. Role is about managing deep and meaningful relationship with product group across Data and AI and enable support delivery across new releases, planning, service quality & escalations.
We are looking for an experienced leader for Supportability for Data & AI, and this role entails organizational leadership including deep product group relationship, executive engagement & delivery enablement. You will be managing a world wide organization with M1s and principal ICs as your immediate reporting directs. Other roles in the organization include:
Supportability Program Managers
Embedded Escalation engineers
Principal Escalation engineers
To be successful in this role, you should be customer obsessed and strategize/execute around enablement of support organization. Your technical understanding of improving cloud support, including better telemetry and diagnostics will help. Since you will be managing both managers and principal engineers, you need to be really effective in managing tenured and highly skilled team. Key to your success role too, you will represent D&AI business to all the executives including EVPs and CVPs and hence you should be experience in Executive presentations and communications. Bringing thought leadership, confidence & drive for result goes a long way in becoming successful in this role.
• Proactively drive support experience improvement with relevant engineering leadership stakeholders, including influencing product improvements on basis of customer feedback gathered from support channels.
• Lead your team to provide feedback based on case analysis to the engineering product team that feeds into reactive (e.g. bug fixes) as well as proactive/predictive (e.g. auto-healing) product development work to drive reduction in support volumes
• Construct an evidence based business case for significant engineering changes required
• Direct proactive and predictive measures (auto-healing, deflection, self-service automation), as well as reactive measures (bug fixes)
• Translate Microsoft support experience into product-group specific needs, implementing defined support experience by product and channel
• Provide inputs to delivery managers to enable implementation of standardized support experience
Beta/Release and Readiness:
• Engage early in the SDLC for new products, new feature releases and build knowledge for delivery on upcoming releases. Contribute valuable experience and IP to new service owners on how to design for supportability from day one.
• Drive your team to deliver release roadmaps and build comprehensive views of engineering release pipeline through engagement with the engineering product teamEnsure your team commence release mgmt. processes, working closely with Release Excellence, Coordinate readiness activities, incl. content development for training, in a timely manner to meet the product/service timeline.
Principal Escalation/Embedded Engineering:
• Use your engineering experience to manage a team of highly skilled escalation engineers who are embedded with the product engineering teams. These are the key technical resources for the product, often possessing a stronger end-to-end view of the product than the engineering team. Create good processes and touchpoints to make sure the insights from these key resources are positioned with the product improvements for maximum effectiveness.
• Manage principal level escalation engineers and provide them both your leadership skill and the opportunities to exert their best-in-class technical skills and experiences to direct the long term trajectory of the product itself and the service delivery teams who support it.
Success Measures: Incident Rate and incident volume reduction/meet FDR targets, build strong relationships with engineering and marketing teams. Direct and oversee a comprehensive and meticulous product release and readiness planning strategy/execution, with high degree of agent enablement for new product releases
3+ years of experience as a people manager
3+ years of experience in advancing, leading, and developing product diagnostics, telemetry, automation, self-help capabilities, or related
3+ years of experience with Data & AI products and services or related
Prefer more 10+ years of business leadership experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior level with principal, partner and VP level stakeholders.
Recent experience managing and presenting to Senior and Executive leadership
Strong global communication skills, and skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS, Engineering and Marketing teams. Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organization.
Technical fluency/acumen in cloud technologies.
Demonstrated experience/ability in leading both direct and virtual teams with a broad array of skills to ensure best-in-class customer outcomes.
Create clarity for teams, translating complex ideas and issues into clear and consumable strategy for technical products
Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, be persistent, patient and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
Brings passion and energy to create a vibrant culture of diversity and inclusion within their organization.
Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs