Microsoft Corporation Director of Support Engineering Management - Modern Workplace Americas in Issaquah, Washington
Director of Support Engineering Management - Modern Workplace Americas
We are looking for an experienced leader to join the Modern Workplace Americas business to serve as a manager of managers. In this role, you will manage an organization of 100 individuals. Your team will consist of people managers and their individual teams of support engineers. You organization will be supporting our largest customers who are leveraging the M365 suite of products to run their businesses. To be successful in this role, you will need to be truly customer obsessed, have strong operational focus and a deep understanding of technical support. You will need to demonstrate the ability to partner with account and sales teams, engineering groups and other internal Microsoft organizations at the senior leadership level. You will need strong people management skills and the ability to lead teams through change. We are looking for a candidate who will bring thought leadership, confidence and a willingness to take risks. If you like working with great people in a fast-paced and challenging environment where you can shape the future of support, this role is for you!
• Lead a team of 100 technical support engineers and their managers to meet and exceed customer experience targets while ever evolving the business
• Attract and retain top technical talent while building diverse teams and creating and an inclusive culture within your organization
• Assist with customer and field escalations, ensuring we get the right resources engaged quickly; often requiring your engagement on account team and customer calls and direct work with engineering teams
• Partner with peers globally to achieve the goals of the broader Modern Workplace organization
• Innovate, take risks and always challenge the status quo
• Bring the voice of your team and customers to the Modern Workplace leadership team as well as our key stakeholders
• Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) as measured through incident surveys and customer sentiment
• Organization Health as measured through MsPoll, MsPulse and other adhoc feedback mechanisms (roundtables, skip level meetings, peer feedback, etc)
• Feedback from the field and key stakeholders on effectiveness and quality of engagement
• Performance and stability of key operational metrics such as initial response
At least 3 years of experience as a people manager
At least 5 years of experience in customer service, technical support, product support, end-user support, IT Admin support, Consulting, or developer support.
Familiarity with M365 cloud services
Outstanding communication skills at the executive level internally and externally
Proven track record in the management of global service delivery operations
Strong technical background in Enterprise technologies and cloud services
Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related field or 4 years work experience
Other skills and Competencies
Communication: Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate and internal customers via telephone, email, or other electronic means, regarding technically complex issues with Microsoft software products. Be able to logically and accurate communicate to various levels (Engineers to Business Owner and Executive). Lead and recovery situations with customers.
Customer focus: Ability to put customer first, lead and prioritize work to deliver great customer experiences. Maintains focus on the customer experience when balancing short- and long-term decisions.
Case handling: Understand Service Level Agreements and key call center/remote technical support metrics. Does not have problems escalating when appropriate.
Collaboration: Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities
Influence for impact: Listens for the priorities and concerns of others and acknowledges differing perspectives.
Adaptability: Actively seeks information and tests assumptions; shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
Judgment: Scopes problems by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
Creative Problem Solving: Solves abstract problems by considering the environment and applying original thought.
Drive for results: Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs