Microsoft Corporation Business Program Manager in Issaquah, Washington
The Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) Business Intelligence team is chartered with delivering strategic & operational insights to a variety of key business stakeholders, including the CE&S LT, CE&S Delivery Managers, and cross-Microsoft stakeholders requiring support data insights. We are chartered with two critical, strategic objectives: simplify the data & insights stream for CE&S leaders and enable business transformation with an intense focus on creating & delivering customer centric insights. Our goal is to foster an insights-driven culture and enable the entire organization to make data-driven decisions. To achieve this, we are transforming our data platform capabilities and creating one logical repository & standard taxonomy for all our CE&S support data.
CE&S BI is looking for an experienced and passionate Business Program Manager to drive our future state role excellence, culture, and talent processes. Our strategy is to implement a unique combination of DevOps, Agile Development, and LEAN Continuous Improvement to unlock scaling & performance capabilities for our entire organization. In this important leadership role, you will own and coordinate an internal transformation that empowers our full organization to deliver against its strategic charter. Critical to high quality impact will be your ability to utilize Microsoft’s leadership principles, in addition to bringing a growth mindset focused on simplification.
And – since we’re in the midst of our own digital transformation, you will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and emerging technologies. You will need to be agile and flexible, yet strong and disciplined. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the center of building a showcase worthy data capability, the successful candidates should have proven experience in program management, solid understanding of both business and engineering priorities, analytical, financial, organizational and communication skills. A passion for operational excellence, learning and mental agility will be valuable.
• Partner with and understand business needs of your stakeholders, prioritizing & translating those needs into technical requirements for the data & analytics engineering team
• Design, execute & streamline our intake processes, including user stories, acceptance criteria, bus & data matrices, and subsequent effort estimations and task sequencing
• Insist & deliver on high standards of quality, including data accuracy & timeliness
• Ensure all outputs & deliverables adhere to consistent frameworks and standards, including business rule logic & taxonomy
• Define & measure the success/impact of requested analytics & reporting features via quantitative measures
• Provide clear communication to all stakeholders
• Mentor & teach on best practices – insistent focus on developing greatness in your peers
• Participate in broader evangelization and communication to relevant Microsoft communities
• Drive inclusion in everything you do
• 3+ years of product and/or program management across an impactful portfolio of projects & stakeholders
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience working in a data intensive environment and translating business needs into data requirements
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
• Demonstrated experience working in a data intensive environment and translating business needs into data requirements ( preference for experience with Microsoft Azure stack, DataBricks, SQL, Spark )
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, or other technical/quantitative discipline
• Familiarity with and passion for data visualization and the art of storytelling
• Understanding of Privacy and Compliance aspects of data storage & processing as it relates to GDPR and PII
• Respect, Accountability, Integrity and a Positive Can-Do attitude
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality
• Initiative and passion for finding solutions to hard problems at scale and operationalizing them
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs