Goddard School Assistant Teacher in Issaquah, Washington
Assistant Teacher - Toddlers
We are delighted to see so many new students joining our school as referrals from the families we currently serve! Our investment in and dedication to creating a safe environment for our families and staff have paid off and as a result, The Goddard School located in Issaquah is now seeking a full-time Assistant Teacher for our toddler classroom!
The Goddard School is a leader in the childcare industry and provides high quality early childhood education to children. Our philosophy is based on academic research that shows children experience the deepest, most genuine learning when they are having fun.
We are looking for candidates with excellent experience and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility in the classroom. Candidates must be flexible and able to work an eight-hour shift.
We provide a thorough orientation process to introduce you to our program and we foster the continuing education of all our employees. Our program will pair you with a dedicated Lead Teacher to support you in the classroom and we have also invested heavily in technology to aid you in executing curriculum as well as communicating efficiently and effectively with parents.
Assistant Teacher Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Experience with and a love of young children
- Ability to work effectively as a team with a Lead Teacher
- Help to execute the curriculum designed by the Lead Teacher
- Responsible for the overall class management if a Lead Teacher is absent
- Work to improve quality and consistency of care for all children enrolled in the class
- Meet the school's requirements spanning quality assurance, curriculum, and activities
- Comply with all state and local regulations
- Update class decorations, maintain child portfolios and attendance logs
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Current and cleared TB test
- Proof of MMR immunization
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, Blood-borne Pathogens certification within first 90 days
- Clean background check and good references
- STARS/MERIT participation per state guidelines
- Applicants should be patient, courteous and professional
Benefits for Full-Time Lead Teacher Positions:
- Competitive salary $16 - $19 per hour DOE
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision, $10,000 Life Insurance Policy, SIMPLE IRA (up to 3% matching)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- More than three weeks off per year with holidays, school closures and PTO
- Continuing Education Opportunities through STARS and Goddard Systems University, including $350 stipend upon CDA completion (if needed)
- Faculty referral bonuses
To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit our website - www.goddardschool.com
To apply for this position directly on our career website or to see other job openings we may have at our school, please visit - https://sites.hireology.com/goddardissaquahwa/jobs.html