General Dynamics Information Technology Manual Tester in Indian Island, Washington
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Test Engineering
GDIT has an opportunity for a dynamic and collaborative leader to join our team supporting a Federal customer in developing new, and maintaining existing, software systems in an agile environment. GDIT provides full software development lifecycle as well as operations & maintenance expertise for a variety of applications supporting a complex case management process that supports many thousands of users in a highly visible public-facing set of applications. Our services include program and project management, scrum master support, business requirements analysis, solutions architecture, software engineering, release management, application support, security management, testing services, configuration management, change management, and COTS/GOTS support and the development of new solutions as needed. As part of the program, GDIT supports the agency in all its Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and Development/Security/Operations (DevSecOps) methodologies, practices, and processes. Join our team!
• Evaluating and understand system requirements and capabilities. Analyze high-level requirements to derive test cases
• Developing test procedures to validate and verify requirements and capabilities
• Performing testing on complex software applications and provide associated documentation and recommendations
• Documenting workflows
• Supporting test team execution to include providing input for test reviews
• Understanding of software lifecycle management skills related to application development tasks and planning testing cycles
• Ability to apply in-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle in order to help anticipate complexities in the system
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with modern web client technologies and the associated front-end to backend interactions
• Developing/testing software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
• 5+ years of experience testing software applications
• Sound understanding of, and experience with, the testing process at both the unit testing and system testing level
• Experience in developing test plans/procedures, expected outcomes, and verification statements
• Comprehensive understanding of Agile & DevOps methodology and culture
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology Jobs