Washington State EDL Licensing Services Representative 1-2 Federal Way; Customer Relations Division in Federal Way, Washington
Our purpose: “Helping every Washington resident live, work, drive, and thrive.”
Our values: Respect, Trust, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
*Enhanced Driver Licensing Services Representative 1-2 *
Federal Way Licensing Services Office located at 1617 S 324th St
Workdays- Monday through Friday
Fulltime – Permanent
*Bring your customer service experience, friendly and helpful attitude, reliable work ethic, and equity, diversity, and inclusion values to the world of driver licensing! *
As the face of the Department of Licensing, your service will have a direct impact on the members of the community as well as public safety across Washington State, helping every Washington resident live, work, drive and thrive.
In this position, you will receive extensive training to confidently issue driver licenses, enhanced driver licenses, and identification cards to the public. In addition, you will conduct driving skills tests, authenticate identity documents through on-line verification, conduct face-to-face interviews with applicants to validate their identity and consistently provide friendly and helpful customer service to the public with enthusiasm and a smile. In an office setting, you will be working with a dynamic and diverse team, providing world-class customer service to every customer, every time!
- This is a customer facing position that requires being able to physically work at a Licensing Services Office.
- Employees assigned to work in King County receive an additional 5% premium pay to the salary stated above.
- Upon completing training and certification, you will be authorized to issue Enhanced Drivers Licenses (EDL), which will result in a 10% pay increase.
- Free ORCA pass to all employees who are permanently assigned to work in King County.
- Verified reliability and malfeasance check for previous five years of employment.
- This position includes an in-training plan and will be filled at the LSR 1 level (Starting salary is $3067/monthly; Salary Range 39). Upon successful completion of 6 months of employment with the Department of Licensing, you will receive a 5% salary increase. Upon successful completion of the training plan, you will be placed at the LSR 2 level ($3370 - $4398/monthly; Salary Range 43).
- This position works a Monday – Friday schedule.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. In addition, an acceptable finger-print based criminal history background check is also required for this position, as a condition of employment. Fingerprints will be used to check the criminal history records of the FBI. You will have the capability to review and challenge any record through the FBI.
- Verified reliability and malfeasance check for previous five years of employment.
Required Qualifications _ Applicants who possess the following qualifications may be referred to the hiring manager:_
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Five years of licensed driving experience (please note, time with a learners permit does not count towards your licensed driving experience).
- Valid Washington State Driver license with no restrictions other than corrective lenses (or the ability to obtain one upon hire).
- Two years of experience providing customer service to the public.
- Typing speed of 30 words per minute (please note, proof is required upon applying).
- One year experience using word processing software to create, format, edit, and save documents.
- Demonstrated consistently progressive career development.
- Acceptable or clear finger-print based criminal history background check. Fingerprints will be used to check the criminal history records of the FBI. You will have the capability to review and challenge any record through the FBI.
Preferred Qualifications _Applicants who also possess the following may receive additional consideration by the hiring manager: _
- Experience working in a licensing services office (any state).
- Experience handling cash including receiving cash, making change, and counting down tills.
It is important to note that salary offers are based on qualifications relevant to the position. It is in your best interest to be specific with regard to how you meet and/or exceed each of the qualifications above.
Make a difference. Join our team! We value diverse perspectives and life experiences. We employ and serve people of all backgrounds including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.
We are one of the most public facing state agencies and the second largest revenue generating agency in Washington State. We regularly interact with over 6 million Washingtonians and collect nearly $3.3 billion in taxes and fees annually. We know our services are essential to our customers' ability to live, work, drive, and thrive. We take this responsibility seriously and are committed to ensuring every resident has equitable and meaningful access to our services.
We serve all the people of Washington State with pride and are developing the systems and standards necessary to achieve better outcomes for all of our residents. Come join us in changing the way government delivers services, and help build a legacy of commitment to and excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion!
Click here for more information about state benefits and to learn about our agency culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion plans, social responsibility projects and initiatives, and the many additional benefits we offer!
Union Inclusion This position is included in a bargaining unit represented by the Professional and Technical Employees Local 17 (PROTEC17). For membership questions, contact the local Union Representative.
How to Apply To be considered for this position, the following steps are required:
- Select the large Apply button at the top of this job announcement. If you haven't already done so, you will need to create an applicant profile.
- Ensure the work history section of your applicant profile is current and thorough, clearly stating any and all qualifications you possess related to this specific position.
- Upload and attach your cover letter specific to this position and your current resume. Your materials must also include three professional references with name, title, and current contact information. References may be listed in your applicant profile, included on your resume, or uploaded as a separate attachment. Additional references are accepted.
- Answer all of the supplemental questions and be sure that all of your responses are clearly reflected and can be verified in your application materials.
- In addition to stating your typing speed in the skills section of your profile, proof of your typing speed is required for this recruitment. Complete an online typing test of your choice such as those found on TypingTest.com and use any method (save, print and scan, screenshot, snipping tool, take a picture on your phone, etc.) to upload and attach your results to your application. Please note: if you do not attach your proof of typing speed to your application, it is incomplete and will not be considered for this recruitment.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application process, contact the recruiter listed below prior to when this job posting closes AND before you submit your application.
Veteran or Military Spouse Preference Notice
To take advantage of veteran or military spouse preference, please do the following:
- Notify us of your vet or military spouse status by email at HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov
- Use a subject line of “VET or MS for CRD LSR 1-2 Federal Way Cert #21-015”
- Include your name as it appears on your application in careers.wa.gov
The candidate pool certified from this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to six months.
The Washington State Department of Licensing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex (including gender identity), marital status, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process, during the recruitment process, or who need this job announcement in an alternative format, may contact the Human Resources Office at 360-902-4000 or may email HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call our ASL interpreter via Video Phone at 360.339.7344.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Kimberleigh Amarige at 360.902.4003 or email HRRecruit@dol.wa.gov. Please use a subject line that includes* “CRD LSR 1-2 Federal Way Cert# 21-015”.*
Salary: $3,067.00 - $4,398.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Federal Way, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Licensing
Job Number: 21-015
Closing: 1/20/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact