Esterline Repair Operator, MRO in Everett, Washington
Job Summary The Product Support Organization department provides for the repair and modification of all Esterline Korry Electronics aviation products. This is a career level position performing a variety of complex technical tasks to support the Product Support Organization. These tasks revolve around the repair, overhaul, modification, test, diagnosis and inspection of aerospace electronic and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. Primary Responsibilities
- Performs high level repairs of all types of products including Displays, Control Panels and Switches.
- Read Component Maintenance Manual and Assembly Inspection Records to identify repair procedures.
- Keep records of maintenance and repair work.
- Work under limited supervision.
- Performs repairs on complex assemblies using Repair Station tools and test equipment.
- Works from experience and knowledge of established procedures; consistently demonstrates independent judgment.
- Willing to train and certify repair personnel.
- Works with technicians and engineers to solve complex problems.
- Willing to cross-train between product types.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Clear understanding of repair process per the Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals for FAA approved Repair Station.
Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies. Qualifications
Strong communication skills.
- Possess experienced knowledge of reading, interpreting, and implementing. blueprints, schematics and drawings.
- Must have a keen attention to detail; hand and eye coordination
- Works cooperatively in a team environment and effectively communicate with others.
- Participates as a lead in problem solving teams to develop process improvements.
- Willing to work extra hours, and potentially weekends.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge; ability to operate on a computer.
Has an experienced understanding of Lean Principles. Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Typically requires a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with digital and analog electronics and general hands on mechanical experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in assembling or repairing electronics.
The position is considered a 'covered' position. Any person who is performing a FAA-mandated safety-sensitive function; aircraft maintenance or preventative maintenance duties, is subject to pre-employment FAA Drug and Alcohol testing and placed in our random, on-going testing pool. Specifically, you will be pre-employment tested for the following drugs: marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines. If chosen for the position, you will be placed in our on-going random testing pool that tests for the following drugs: marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), amphetamines, and alcohol.
Basic Work Hours
- Day Shift Hours Monday through Friday.
- Occasionally it is required to work outside normal hours, including weekends in order to meet the customer’s Turnaround Time.
* Leveling will be based on experience *
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Position Type: Regular