Esterline Product Line Manager in Everett, Washington
Do you love helping customers solve their problems? Does the thought of crafting a stellar product and business plan make your heart pound with excitement? Do you love the point where electronics and sensor data collide? If so, then we want you on our team!
We are hiring a Product Line Manager (PLM) to bring a growing business to new heights. You will be accountable for increasing sales and profitability for a diverse set of products, which range from new designs thru mature products. You need to understand how to break down customer needs to define segmentation, product roadmaps, and business cases. You will work across the business to develop and execute product launch plans. You will also manage overall growth strategies, as well as the roadmap ultimately leading your products’ end of life. This job has high visibility, and you will make an impact on the business.
Some of the Primary Responsibilities
- Be the product champion. Get the business excited about where the product line is going.
- Interact regularly with customers to understand market trends and create business plans. Review these plans with Executive Management
- Develop product plans to grow the product line and maximize profitability
- Collaborate closely with Sales to analyze data on market segments, trends, competitors, and emerging markets for their product lines. Create revenue forecasts.
- Execute aftermarket strategies to promote product line profitability.
- Manage the technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with engineering and customers to identify new product ideas.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
- Lead product launch planning and work with Sales on the launch.
- Lead the decision making process for new product developments or variants as well as determining when to obsolete an existing product.
- Become the subject matter expert for the product at a business development level. Engage customers in technical discussions for the purpose of assessing market trends.
- Understand product sales to insure that they are tracking to the product plans’ pricing and market strategies.
- Produce detailed Marketing Briefs that define all aspects of the business plan and product launch strategies.
- Create white papers to aid the market positioning of the company and the product.
- Maximizes the growth and profit of the product portfolio throughout the product’s cycle.
- Create and successfully implement the preparation of bids based on product plan strategies. Drives bid strategies and pricing.
- Understands the competitive offerings and how to win in a competition.
- Ensures compliance to Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies. Some of the Qualifications needed
Demonstrated success increasing sales and profitability including product plan creation and implementation
- Market analysis and customer segmentation experience
- Knowledge of electronic systems
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business unit level decision making
- Demonstrated LEAN implementation with the ability to lead change to maximize efficiencies.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with demonstrated results
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels from executive management to floor personnel
Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% with some seasonal variation Education/Previous Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or aviation. A marketing degree is also acceptable with applicable industry experience
- MBA (preferred)
- Ten years’ experience in automotive, aerospace & defense or other related industrial products
- Supervisory experience (preferred)
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Position Type: Temporary