Northwest Center Job Coach in Clyde Hill, Washington
Are you looking to make a difference in your community?
We are now hiring Job Developers to support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to attain or maintain employment. You will be helping to place people in jobs that match their skills and providing support at each step along their career paths. This community-based role is a fantastic, *hybrid-remote *opportunity if you are looking to enter or grow within the Social Services or Human Services field. As an employment support professional, you will be meeting with clients in their homes and places of work, as well as performing outreach and advocacy throughout your community. Apply today if you are passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented with a background in sales, social service, or education. Join our organization and help build a brighter future together!
As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we\'re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you meet some of the requirements, share Northwest Center\'s values, and support our mission, we encourage you to apply.\ \ Overview of a typical day:\ \ Coaching:
- Flexibility: Your schedule can change day to day depending on the team and client needs.
- In-person coaching requires driving between worksites: distances can vary depending on region. In rural areas, driving longer distances is often part of a typical day.
- Paperwork and documentation are an important and necessary component of the job. You must be comfortable with using technology remotely and "on the go." Documentation and paperwork average about 20% of your time.
- You will need to build motivation and keep morale up with clients on your caseload, especially for those not currently working.
- You will need to build and maintain strong relationships with employers by maintaining routine communication and outreach. The role requires coordination with employer partners to support success of clients on the job or in between jobs, to assist with maintaining employment when furloughed or job on hold, and to grow opportunities with employer.*\ *
*Development:\ \ *
- Relationship building: You will need to grow new relationships and job opportunities with employers through in person meetings, emails, phone calls
- You will need to build motivation and keep morale up with clients on your caseload, especially for those not currently working
- You will have a caseload of clients which will be your responsibility to support and maintain the required documentation of services provided
- Ownership and Creativity: Creativity and responsibility are key components of the position
\ \ Employment Specialist (Entry Level)\ \ Starting Wage Range: \$21.50 - \$23.00 per hour \| Full Wage Range: \$21.50 - \$28 per hour
\ Employment Consultant (Mid to experienced):
Starting Wage Range: \$23.25 - \$26.00 per hour \| Full Wage Range: \$23.25 - \$31.85 per hour
Location: North Seattle (Queen Anne up to Shoreline)\ \ Schedule: Full-Time, M-F, 8 am - 4:30 pm\ \ \ \ * What we can offer: *
Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
7 Paid Holidays + 2.5 Days of Floating Holiday; 5 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
Retirement 401(K) with a company match
Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - \$25 per month