Washington State DSHS Procurement & Supply Specialist 1 in Chehalis, Washington
Consolidated Institutional Business Services is searching for an experienced Procurement and Supply Specialist to join our warehousing team at Green Hill School. If you have exceptional communication skills, warehouse operating experience, and knowledge of procurement methods, consider this exciting opportunity to advance your career.
Some of what you'll do
- Manage a completely centralized warehousing operation
- Source, order, inspect, receive, stock, and issue inventories
- Track, update, surplus, and report on all Fixed Assets for the facility
- Seek out opportunities to save money using alternate vendors, purchasing methods, and contracts
- Maintains transparent warehousing records
- Stocks shelves and pallets with items received
- Meet with internal and external customers in order to obtain specifications of needed materials
- Organize monthly food inventory counts and report financial information
- Operate Canteen Store for residents
- Conduct research to determine specifications and available purchasing sources
- Analyze products to determine best-value purchases
- Resolve vendor performance and delivery issues
- Supervise train and counsel individuals with intellectual disabilities or symptoms and behaviors related to significant mental illness
What we're looking for Professionals with an Associate's degree in Purchasing Management, Business Administration or a closely related field and one year of full-time purchasing experience. Full-time experience as a purchasing professional will substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.
The ideal applicant will also have at least one year of warehouse operating and inventory management experience. Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: procurement methods, research and market analysis techniques, supply records, storage and warehousing methods, inventory procedures and techniques, and basic contract development.
How to apply Please include the following with your application
- Contact information for three professional references
- A letter of interest detailing your experience as it relates to this opportunity
Questions? Please contact DSHS Recruiter and reference job number 02567.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,778.00 - $3,612.00 Monthly
Location: Lewis County – Chehalis, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02567
Closing: 3/21/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact