Washington State DSHS Plumber in Buckley, Washington
We're looking to hire a journey-level Plumber at Rainier School in Buckley, Washington. Rainier School is a Residential Habilitation Center that provides care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We strive to promote individual worth, self-respect, and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community. Interviews for this role are planned for mid-December.
Why work at Rainier School?
- You'll have a fixed schedule
- No traveling for plumbing work
- You'll work with an interesting blend of old and new technology, working on a variety of equipment
- The work that you do immediately contributes to the quality of care for others
How much do you currently pay out of pocket for benefits? Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. We also offer a great selection of health and pension retirement plans, paid leave, training, and compensation benefits for you and your family.
Some of what you'll do
- Install, inspect, maintain, and repair storm sewers, septic tanks and sewage mains, commercial/residential bathroom and kitchen plumbing fixtures, hydrants and water coolers
- Shop work such as refacing and reseating valves, cutting and threading pipe, bending pipe, replacing pump bushings and washers, testing valves and other pressure equipment
- Inspect water mains, fixtures, sewer lines, valves, and septic tanks to determine need for maintenance and repair
- Clean and maintain tools
- Estimate materials and time needed to complete jobs
What we're looking for Journey-level standing as a Plumber as attested by:
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in plumbing (i.e. 8000 hours plumbing work experience or two years plumbing trade school)
- Or, full journey-level status in a Plumber and Pipefitters Union
- Or, four years of experience in state service as a full-time helper to a journey-level plumber
- WA State Plumbing certification from Labor & Industries program
- Ability to work from blueprints and schematics
- Ability to move in a confined space and on ladders, work with chemicals, and necessary hand and power tools
- Knowledge of standard practices and methods used in the plumbing trade
If you have questions email Recruiter, Jenny Bastrom or call 360-725-5848 and reference 11140. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,871.00 - $4,378.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Buckley, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-11140
Closing: 11/18/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact