Albertsons baker in BOTHELL, Washington
Position Purpose: Proofs and bakes products such as rolls, breads, cookies, pastries and donuts. Finish donuts with icing. Mixes icings. Plans production and follows production guidelines. Assists customers with special orders. Ensures customer service and product quality, freshness, safety and selection.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the bakery.
· Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
· Pulls, thaws, proofs and bakes products such as rolls, bread, cookies, donuts and pastries. Defrosts, proofs and bakes frozen products. Mixes icings. Finishes donuts with icing.
· Assists with all bakery duties such as: receiving, cleaning, pulling, proofing, baking, slicing and packaging. Maybe required to order frozen and dry product.
· Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet and other required paperwork and logs.
· Ensures that bakery product quantity and decorating standards are met. Stocks and maintains cake cases. Prevents the sale of out of code product.
· Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
· Complies with all federal, state and local health and food safety standards.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
· Assists with answering and responding incoming calls appropriately.
· Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
· Other necessary and required duties.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
· Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the bakery. Ability to understand and follow baking instructions and finished product weight requirements.
· Requires strong communication skills and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
· Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and bakery policies and procedures. Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
· Must have knowledge of product variety, bakery standards, perishability, food safety, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to frequently reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Bends, stoops and reaches frequently and occasionally climbs ladders. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, carts and racks. Performs repetitious arm movement to decorate, prepare and package products. Ability to walk quickly and work at a production rate of speed.
· Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. Must be able to operate ovens, proof box and kitchen utensils and equipment. Uses related job aids like safety cutters and knives. Operates mixers.
· Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of taste, content and perishability of products, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and procedures.
· Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to order products, input inventory and print labels.
· Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment.
· May be required to work nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
· Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to baking procedures, equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
· Frequent exposure to 400˚ Fahrenheit while baking and handling products. Exposure up to approximately 28˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in freezer.
· Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment.
Safety -- Sensitive Position:
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. If you have questions regarding your ability to physically perform the listed job duties and requirements -- e.g. lifting, standing, bending, etc. - please speak to your Store Director. All team members must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled