Amazon Web Services Transportation Procurement Mgr., AWS Transportation in Bellevue, Washington
AWS Infrastructure is looking for a talented, driven, and highly analytical, Transportation Procurement Manager with a hunger for driving change and impact at a global scale to join Amazon Web Services-Infrastructure Supply Chain and Planning (AWS-ISCaP) team. If you thrive on optimizing operations and delivering customer impacting results we have an opportunity for you. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, and have a passion for using data to drive business decisions. The candidate will thrive by providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
· Provide AWS leadership with visibility and key terms of all global vendor pricing and strategy.
· Manage procurement RFP’s, RFQ’s, and RFI’s for inbound and outbound freight.
· Achieve cost savings through projects including bidding and commercial negotiations
· Build relationships with project stakeholders including legal, tax, risk management and various business stakeholders that enable the procurement organization to provide global support including facilitation, project tracking, risk escalation and best practice sharing for all global contracts.
· Develop and implement unified tools and information systems to support project planning, execution.
· Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to forecasting, delivery, quality, and cost.
· Support the creation of supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance.
· Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships across teams.
· Benchmark rate information versus historic pricing and versus competition.
· Perform supplier spend analysis, including reporting to establish visibility of spend patterns by category, region, and supplier.
· BA/BS degree in business, law, supply chain or related field
· 5+ years’ experience in a procurement organization performing vendor management, contract management, or bidding
· 3+ years in contract management or direct procurement experience
· 3+ years Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain management experience
· 2+ years of experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· MBA/MS/JD or Equivalent business or supply chain-related discipline
· 5+ years in the global logistics industry with experience with cross-functional teams in a global environment
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
· 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills or analytical skills
· 2+ years in supervisory or management experience
· Proficiency in Data management systems, CRM and Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, Coupa, Salesforce, SharePoint development, MS SQL, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs