T-Mobile Sr Product Manager, Technical in Bellevue, Washington
Dream of being part of team where you are pioneering new technology and experiences that will shape the next wave of innovation in our industry? Love to surround yourself with like-minded, passionate people who just want to develop products that enrich and dazzle the lives of our family, friends, and communities? Let’s face it, mobile is where it is at and the world of possibilities are endless, especially when you work for the Un-Carrier!
Seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager whose super powers are communication and strategic thinking to create the future of the Android calling experience. Responsibilities include owning strategic initiatives, defining and delivering the product vision and requirements, and working cross-functionally with engineering, commercial, marketing, frontline, PMO and GTM teams (along with external vendors and partners) with the goal to deliver the best integrated calling experience for devices running on the T-Mobile network.
We need a seasoned leader who is obsessed with the customer experience and can help build strong partnerships with our vendors to build the capability for customers to seamlessly make calls and manage their calling experience across multiple lines and platforms. Explore developing technologies including artificial intelligence (AI) and leverage new capabilities to redefine T-Mobile’s calling products. Delivering an effortless experience in this domain will truly shape the customer experience for calling at the Un-Carrier as an important part of our exciting technology revolution!
What you’ll do in your role.
Vision, Strategy, and Analysis
• Owns product end to end for complex or cross-platform solutions for products of the highest level of complexity and scope, or family of products. This includes creating, managing, maintaining and communicating product vision and roadmap including technical vision and capabilities.
• Designs and drives end user product research.
• Partners with business, internal/external stakeholders and Leadership to understand current customer experience, identifies areas of opportunity
• Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify product innovation opportunities or root cause of issues, and assess opportunity size and impact. May work with data scientists to answer complex questions or identify meaningful insights from data.
• Leverages rapid hypothesis driven testing methodologies and experiments (i.e. paper prototype, A/B testing, etc.) to inform direction, prioritize investment.
• Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, to support decision making.
• Works with stakeholders and follows enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding.
• Anticipates industry trends, direction, innovation, analyses potential impacts or opportunities to customer / product, and incorporates analyses into product process.
• Communicates, influences, and sells ideas at VP level and below. This includes regularly delivering product presentations.
• Drives specific ad hoc analysis and presents information to executive level management on request.
• Influences product feature set or technical improvements to improve customer experience.
• Works with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
• Maintains current understanding of tech trends. Assesses how trends impact the roadmap or create opportunity for innovation of the product.
• Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for highly complex products with multiple transactions and touchpoints. This work may include creation of prototypes.
• Collaborates with PM and Dev leaders to design, architect and assemble effective Agile delivery teams in the Agile Release Train and Agile Teams.
• Runs or contributes significantly to key Agile ceremonies: Program Increment (PI) Planning / Big Room Planning; System Demo; Inspect and Adapt (I&A), etc.
• Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners. Backlog at this level typically serves 5 – 8 Agile / Scrum / Sprint teams, often with dependencies on other internal and external teams.
• Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track product health and success metrics, technical KPI’s.
• Conduct Product Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) and Steering meetings.
• Runs beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
• Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
The experience you’ll bring.
Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related field required
6+ years experience in hands on technical writing production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in large scale company/ application / product environment.
7+ years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment. Advanced level understanding of customer experience.
Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS.
Knowledge and experience with integration patterns, API’s, and protocols such as REST, EDI, SOAP, etc.
Extensive knowledge of DevOps (CI / CT / CD) and application of CI/CT/CD in Agile environmen
Preferred: Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) and Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Req ID: 188206BR
Department: Emerging Products
Travel Required: No