Meta Software Engineer in Bellevue, Washington
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
Design core, backend software components
Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
Conduct design and code reviews
Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and 24 months of experience in job offered or a computer-related occupation. Requires 24 months of experience in each of the following:
- C, C++, C#, or Java
- Python, PHP, or Haskell
- Relational databases and SQL
- Software development tools: Code editors (VIM or Emacs), and revision control systems (Subversion, GIT, or Perforce)
- Linux, UNIX, or other *nix-like OS as evidenced by file manipulation, advanced commands, and shell scripting
- Building highly-scalable performant solutions
- Data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, operating systems, computer graphics, or human-computer interaction
- Designing scalable distributed systems with established partition tolerance, consistency, and availability guarantees
- Applying algorithms and core computer science concepts to real-world systems as evidenced by recognizing and matching patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems
$198,940/year to $235,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meta Jobs