Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer 2 in Bellevue, Washington
Excited to be a part of Microsoft's data-driven transformation? Everywhere we look, information is being captured, quantified, and used to make business decisions, for AI/Machine Learning and improving products. Microsoft is at forefront of this data revolution to make decisions, train models and learn across its entire product portfolio. If you like challenges and want to develop advanced big data solutions that scale to petabytes of data and help Microsoft ship better, smarter and more innovative products by generating rich data-driven insights supported by these solutions, then this is your ideal opportunity. We are the DataSets team in the Cloud and AI platform group.
We build simple and innovative solutions to address large scale and challenging data problems and have a significant business impact on products that ship across all Microsoft groups. We understand data requirements, collaborate with data producers to instrument and collect the right data signals, build scalable (batch and streaming) data processing pipelines to serve the very large scale data, and publish these comprehensive data signals through a well-organized intuitive data API for data consumers and produce these data offerings with service-like guarantees. We partner with a large number of teams including Office, Bing, Ads, Cortana, Windows and Skype to enable their data-driven investments.
With our team of world class engineers focused on solving tough data engineering problems in a fun and growth focused environment and exploring state-of-the-art big data technologies in both open source and Microsoft stack, we are at the heart of the data revolution at Microsoft. Come join us!
We seek smart, highly innovative experienced engineers to forge the path ahead for big data sets, work data pipelines with 24x7x365 service availability and tight SLA and build comprehensive and intuitive end-end solutions to delight our customers.
· Design and build large-scale and high-quality batch/streaming data with easy to use APIs.
· Enhance systems and applications to ensure high stability, efficiency and maintainability.
· Develop and foster a deep understanding of the data systems and semantics and its usage by our customers.
· Leverage this understanding to drive data system improvements and educate customers or optimal use of our systems for their scenarios.
· Collaborate closely with engineers and data scientists to build better solutions together.
· Leverage other data platforms (open source and within Microsoft) for building solutions.
· Understand customer requirements and use that to drive and prioritize your feature development. Set direction and priority to maximize impact.
· Challenge those around you.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
· At least 3 years of professional software development experience.
· Expert coding skills in C#, C++, Java or equivalent.
· Deep understanding of efficient data algorithms and excellent data analytical skills.
· Passionate about big data, self-motivated and self-directed.
· Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Experience with agile/scrum methodologies
· Experience in Big data processing (Spark, Flink, Kafka) is preferred.
· Experience with test driven software design/development is a plus.
· Database and online service expertise are strong plusses.
· Familiarity with data analysis tools and statistical packages, such as R and MATLAB, is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.