Expedia Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, Washington
The Online Marketing Group (OMG) is looking for a talented, creative, intellectually curious Software Development Engineer (SDE) to work on the full suite of marketing platform components, including tracking tags infrastructure. The OMG team makes heavy use of AWS components. Our team's primary goal is to build features that drive partner traffic to Expedia and help report on that traffic.
As a SDE II on our team:
- You will work with other software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results.
- You will have the opportunity to work across the entire software development lifecycle: with business partners, leadership, other software developers, UX designers, etc.
- You will help influence and drive product vision and work with the team to design of our systems.
- At Expedia, we are known for our customer obsession so we will need your ideas and your ability to innovate and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education)
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structure, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong coding ability and software development experience in an Object Oriented language (i.e. Java)
- Strong Database Skills
- Experience working in the Cloud (AWS)
- Experience with designing, building and deploying complex, scalable, highly available systems and software products
- Technical competency in developing high-performance, scalable web applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer II who is excited by this opportunity. If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time