Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer AWS, Data Center Automation in Bellevue, Washington
The Data Center Automation team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside global data centers. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core infrastructure business.
We are looking for software engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM and Workforce Management systems for the on the . In this role you will be responsible for the architecture, and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. In addition you will be expected raise the standards of the organization by mentoring junior engineers, interviewing and up-leveling the coding standards. This is a highly visible program across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++, Python or Ruby.
· Experience or knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including software architecture, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
· Degree in Computer Science or a related field
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge and implementation of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs