Danaher Corporation Service Technician I in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Electronics ( www.seabird.com ) is an international corporation headquartered in Bellevue, Washington./Sea-Bird Electronics/is the largest manufacturer of marine instruments for measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, and related oceanographic variables. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
To provide high quality repair and preventative maintenance services for a limited scope of site level Sea-Bird Scientific equipment. The Service Technician I utilizes a basic understanding of electronic theory and mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and/or repair instrumentation and components. A Service Technician I will also identify problems and help implement corrective actions leading to continuous improvement.
- Use established work instructions or product specific training to provide repair, calibration, certification, testing and preventative maintenance services for equipment
- Ensure that all service to customer or company owned equipment is completed efficiently, on time, and correctly according to specification
- Provide/basic/diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Perform circuit board repairs that may include: soldering, wiring, replacement of inoperative electrical and/or mechanical parts
- Document problems found and services performed following standard work protocols
- Recognize and report problems with quality, processes, equipment or materials to Service Lead, Supervisor or Service Manager
- Provide hands-on job function training to coworkers as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate service best practices
- Participate in Kaizen Events
Work off-shift, as needed, to support department, meet deadlines or to maximize up-time on machinery/processes
Other Non-Essential Functions:
- Package or repackage equipment
- Coordinate efforts with other team members to meet daily, weekly and monthly targets and departmental goals
- Other duties as assigned
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 2 Year technical degree (EET) in Electronics, military technical training or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years related experience in a manufacturing or service environment
- Demonstrated/moderate/level of mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret basic drawings, schematic and wiring diagrams
- Demonstrated/basic/knowledge of and ability to solder
- Demonstrated/basic/knowledge of and use of power supplies, digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues in a structured and logical manner
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to learn and use scientific and/or plotting software
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and other office staff
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to perform precise procedures consistently
- History of good employment attendance and punctuality
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000181