Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, Washington
Excited to be a part of Microsoft's data-driven transformation? Everywhere we look, information is being captured, quantified, and used to make business decisions, for AI/Machine Learning and improving products. Microsoft is at forefront of this data revolution to make decisions, train models and learn across its entire product portfolio. If you like challenges and want to develop advanced big data solutions and experimentation techniques that scale to petabytes of data and help Microsoft ship better, smarter and more innovative products by generating rich data-driven insights supported by these solutions, then this is your ideal opportunity. We are the AI Platform team in the Cloud and AI platform group.
We build simple and innovative solutions to address large scale and challenging data problems and have a significant business impact on products that ship across all Microsoft groups. Our team works on a range of interesting problems including building a world-class experimentation platform that enables trustworthy evaluation of new ideas; building near-realtime big data stream processing pipelines that process multi-billion dollars of ad revenue with sophisticated feature generation and in-line ML feature generation and machine learning for real-time fraud processing; as well as building scalable big data processing pipelines that serve up well-organized and intuitive data API to enable a plethora of business scenarios for data analysis and insight. We partner with a large number of teams including Office, Bing, Ads, Cortana, Windows, xBox, Skype, and Azure to enable their data-driven investments.
With our team of world class engineers and data scientists focused on solving tough data engineering problems in a fun and growth focused environment and exploring state-of-the-art big data technologies in both open source and Microsoft stack, we are at the heart of the data revolution at Microsoft. Come join us!
We seek smart, highly innovative experienced engineers to forge the path ahead for big data and experimentation applications , work on highly distributed platforms with 24x7x365 service availability and tight SLA, and build comprehensive and intuitive end-end solutions to delight our customers.
· Architect, design and develop large-scale and high-quality batch/streaming data and experimentation services with easy to use APIs.
· Enhance systems and applications to ensure high stability, efficiency and maintainability.
· Develop and foster a deep understanding of the data systems and semantics and its usage by our customers.
· Leverage this understanding to drive data system improvements and educate customers or optimal use of our systems for their scenarios.
· Collaborate closely with engineers and data scientists within the team to build better solutions together.
· Leverage other data platforms (open source and within Microsoft) for building solutions.
· Work very closely with multiple data infrastructure teams including Spark, COSMOS, uSQL, ADL, Azure, etc. to deeply understand cloud computing techniques; drive feature requests into those platforms as needed and leverage them to design and develop our data foundation.
· Evaluate customer requirements and drive prioritization of feature development for your feature areas.
· Guide the team on developing the systems for high stability, efficient development, low development cost, and low maintenance cost.
· Provide vision, expertise and technical leadership to other team members.
· Help to grow talent in these areas.
· Great problem-solving skills.
· Strong expertise and experience on design and development of platforms, metric systems, or online experimentation systems with a track record of shipping multiple releases.
· Extensive software design and development skills/experience (minimum 5 years, preferred: 7 years)
· Expert knowledge in .NET, C#, C++, SQL, and Windows
· Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms
· Ability to drive sound architecture, design, and implementation through hands-on development
· Ability to drive technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced startup environment
· Database expertise and online service are strong plusses
· Experience with test driven software design/development is a plus.
· Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related areas is required. PhD or Master in these areas is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.