CDM Smith Project Manager I in Bellevue, Washington
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to support a wide variety of environmental remediation projects within the state of Washington. The ideal candidate can be in our Bellevue, WA office location and will need to understand MTCA, Department of Ecology and PLIA rules and regulations, the Washington environmental market, and be willing to assist with marketing and proposal efforts.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
• Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field. Assuming responsibility for visualizing new business development activities within your areas of expertise.
• Communicating directly with clients and/or agency stakeholders.
• Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff. Acting as mentor for lower-level employees. Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing several large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity.
• Working with a few (3 to 5) subordinates’ supervisors or team leaders (at least one of whom would be at level V)
• Directing the project work of a staff of typically 10 to 20 engineers, geologists and environmental scientists.
• Evaluating progress and results obtained and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives.
• Conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity.
• Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments.
Project Manager I
Bachelor's Degree. 4 years of related experience. PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list). Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
• Professional engineering (PE) license or registration as a licensed Professional Geologist, as certified by ASBOG, within the resident state. Other professional certifications for Environmental Scientists will also be considered.
• This position is best suited for an individual that is excited to develop experience across a range of managerial and technical skills. Experience with supervision and mentoring of junior engineers and scientists in environmental remediation and in construction management is preferred.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Washington - Bellevue
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates good communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Work requires verbal skills, ability to interact with varying levels of staff, as well as vendors.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to deal with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Good personal computer skills including advanced knowledge in the use of MS Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.
- CDM Smith Jobs