Amazon Web Services Principal Product Manager - Technical, AWS AI in Bellevue, Washington
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirement to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple services such as Comprehend and Translate as well as ML Engines and Platform as a Service. AI is playing an important role in improving customer experience in several domains such as contact centers, media and entertainment, and healthcare. As a Principal Product Manager, you will drive the product strategy across multiple domains. You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
You will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of PMs and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will be seen as the subject matter expert for your area of focus within Amazon AI.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
· Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
· Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
· Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
· Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
· Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
· Lead and mentor technical product managers
· Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon AI’s vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 10+ years of experience, 1+ years of which must be in Product management position ·
· Experience in shaping business strategy for technical products or services ·
· Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements
· Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features
· Experience working on agile development teams · Strong communication and presentation skills
· MBA, MS, or PhD degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field ·
· Experience in Contact Center Systems such as Contact Routing and CTI, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Call Recording, Workforce Management and multi-channel contact management of voice, email, chat, SMS messaging, etc. ·
· Knowledge contact center metrics & key performance indicators. · Experience with Live Chat, Virtual Assistant, omni-channel solutions ·
· Working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics.
· Experience with statistical modeling / machine learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs