Samsung Electronics America Manager, Business Planning in Bellevue, Washington
The Business Planning Manager provides operational support to a key Carrier Account Team. This includes various types of projects and data management for both Business Planning and financial activities (supply chain, revenue projection, etc.). Additional responsibilities include interacting with customers and preparing reports on SCM data analysis and KPI for senior management and headquarters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Support Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR) supply chain process by interfacing with key customer contacts during weekly planning meetings.
• Analyze weekly Purchase Sales Inventory (PSI) to identify sales target status, drive product manufacturing, and ensure timely fulfillment of delivery to achieve sales plans, product development, and strategic product launches.
• Manage system-based tools that provide real-time information regarding sales, order forecast, and channel inventory; extract data to conduct channel inventory analysis and reconciliation.
• Provide daily/weekly updates of product arrival schedules from factories and against customer delivery commitments. Reviewing and identifying variances compared to outstanding sales orders and forecasts, in order to plan for future product availability and inventory.
• Monitor team performance on weekly/quarterly KPIs to identify exception cases and analyze those metrics for potential process improvements to drive operational efficiency.
• May communicate daily between headquarters and internal cross-functional teams and handle escalation on production allocation, delivery requirements, and inventory management.
• Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from internal and external customers in a time sensitive environment.
• A Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years’ experience preferably in finance, business, or supply chain management; MBA preferred.
• Experience in the telecommunications and/or wireless industry requiring management of finance, logistics, distribution, program management, and/or business planning, or equivalent work experience in planning, finance, or operations.
• Experience should include researching and resolving customer product development, launch, delivery, and logistics issues; driving process improvement to streamline business cadence.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
• Proven success in a highly dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
• Must have advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint knowledge and skills; experience in developing KPI and executive dashboards preferred.
• Experience using advanced supply chain management, enterprise planning or financial planning systems is highly desired (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
• The ability to work either independently or in a team environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including the completion of assignments within and exceeding established time frames.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity.
• The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PCs, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
• May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Travel required 10%-20%
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).