Microsoft Corporation Director Business Planning - IoT and Mixed Reality in Bellevue, Washington
Join the Microsoft Business Planning team to define the business growth strategy and monetization strategy for Microsoft’s Internet of Things (IoT) and Mixed Reality (MR) products and services.
IoT and Mixed Reality are at the forefront of transforming industries, companies, and people’s everyday lives. At Microsoft, we are expanding our portfolio of IoT and MR offerings across the intelligent edge and Azure intelligent cloud. Our offerings span hardware, operating system, and cloud services and are at the core of driving digital transformation at many of the world’s leading companies and governments.
We are looking for an individual that loves incubation and start-up environments and is passionate about business strategies, business models, data-driven decision making and helping customers drive digital transformation.
To be successful in this role, you need to be an analytical problem solver who can work across engineering, marketing, finance, licensing, and sales to design business strategies, define business models & pricing, and drive execution for new and groundbreaking products and services. This role sits in the central business planning team in the Cloud Marketing organization. It is a leadership role that will give you the opportunity to help shape one of our fastest growing businesses and transform industries and people’s lives with cutting edge innovative IoT & MR offerings.
How you can make an impact:
• Attract, retain, and grow business planning talent as a team manager
• Build a diverse and inclusive team culture
• Set business strategy & develop corresponding business models and pricing to drive business growth and meet customer needs for IoT and Mixed Reality products and services
• Identify & assess market opportunities to drive business strategy and build complete business cases to support new growth investment opportunities
• Present, influence and align executives and the broader organization through cross-functional v-team work
• Build long-term growth plans by market and industry to grow the IoT and Mixed Reality businesses
• Influence engineering roadmaps based on market opportunity, competitive landscape, and economic impact
• Develop key metrics, forecasts, and reporting in partnership with finance and engineering to monitor business performance
This is a highly visible role that will require expertise in several areas: 1) people and team management; 2) collaborating and developing strong relationships with engineering, marketing and other teams across the company; 3) business thought leadership and executive presence; 4) incubation strategy for new technologies; 5) excellent written and verbal communication skills and 6) cross-company strategic alignment.
What we will do for you:
• Champion your success at every level of our leadership
• Give you the opportunity to gain new experience and improve upon your strengths
• Support who you are as your authentic self
• Work with you in building an inclusive and diverse culture everywhere
• Make growth and career development a consistent priority
Experience in incubation and start-up environments is highly preferred along with a passion for creating business strategies, business models, data-driven decision making and helping customers drive digital transformation.
• 5+ years people and team management experience with a focus on modeling, coaching, and caring for employees
• 7+ years’ experience and knowledge of HW/SW/SaaS/PaaS marketing and business models required or equivalent practical or functional experience, preferably with focus on incubating new categories and businesses
• Successful history of driving tangible business strategy changes and results
• Successful track-record of cross-functional collaboration with teams, contributors, and stakeholders across multiple seniority levels including executives
• Proven track record in planning and orchestrating strategic and complex business activities
• Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment and reprioritize to align with business objectives
• Strong analytical thinking and communication skills with the ability to influence
• Strong attention to detail and ability to execute efficiently and effectively
• Bachelor’s degree required or equalivant
- This position is being recruited for either Atlanta, GA, Redmond, WA or Mountain View, CA.*
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs