REI Security Specialist - Bedford PA Distribution Center - Full Time - $19.62/HR in Bedford, Pennsylvania
Security Specialist - Bedford PA Distribution Center - Full Time - $19.62/HR
+ + + +
Distribution Center PA
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural
organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside
for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of
diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
This job contributes to REI’s success by executing our day-to-to physical security strategy at our Bedford PA distribution center location by providing robust security services along with exceptional customer service. This position utilizes various physical security tools and systems, including access control, intrusion alarm, and CCTV systems. They conduct day-to-day operational support of different securityinfrastructures at REI locations. They are the primary facilitators of REI’s emergency procedures and will take a leadership role in managing and partnering with the appropriate parties through such situations. They promote a safe workplace which includes but is not limited to: conductingtrailer/container checks,facility/property patrols, equipment checks and other security related tasks. They are proactive problem solvers either directly or through facilitation and engagement of internal customers as appropriate. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Monitors, maintains, and responds to alarms within the camera, access control and alarm systems and collaborates with the appropriate internal and external partners to resolve the situation.
• Responds to both emergency and non-emergency situations, provides security support, and helps to coordinate the response of other internal and external teams.
• Documents and reports information to the appropriate internal and external partner in accordance with company and department policies and procedures.
• Log in all visitors, contractors and vendors and issue badges as required.
• Inspect and check in and out trailers and containers
• Enforces access control ID badge policy by monitoring employee use. Issues temporary and day-use badges and removes/grants access for lost/misplaced access control ID badges per company policy.
• Operate a hand-held radio, cell phone or other communication devices as needed.
• Makes regular and consistent patrols in and around the REI location, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons.
• Maintain proficiency in emergency response procedures
• Serve as a leader in emergency situations, participate in site emergency response team, coordinate evacuations and accounting for employees
• 24/7 operations allow for flexible work schedule, but may require working nights, weekends and holidays. Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
• Other duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
2+ years of security experience, including CCTV usage, in a warehouse setting with a national brand (or equivalent experience)
Current state issued Guard Card or ability to obtain state issued Guard Card within 90 days of employment (based on individual staterequirements).
Ability to apply effective analytical and critical thinking skills, solve problems independently and as part of a team.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, and Access Control Systems.
Demonstrated ability to effectively convey knowledge, information, and skills to others through in-person and virtual sessions.
Strong interpersonal and writing skills; ability to interact well and build rapport with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
CPR/First Aid/AED certified or ability to obtain certifications within first 30 days
Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of businessopportunities.
Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op
a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
$15.75 to $27.25 per hour
- REI Jobs