Waste Connections Mechanic Helper in Aberdeen, Washington
Job TitleMechanic HelperPrimary LocationAberdeen, WashingtonEmployee TypeEmployeeJob Description
We are looking for a Mechanic Helper to join the team at our Hauling location in Aberdeen, WA. This is a union position with union pay scale, benefits, and pension plan. This is a Monday-Friday swing shift from 11AM - 7:30PM. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
• Performing repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performing inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
• 1 year of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair preferred; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
• CDL preferred (required to obtain in first 90 days of employment).
• Provide personal tools.
• Welding experience a plus
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
• Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
This is a union position with union benefits and pay structure.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
- Waste Connections Jobs