PeaceHealth Director of Clinical Document Integrity - Health Information Management in Vancouver, Washington
Req ID: 153538
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Clinical Document Integrity - Health Information Management for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Responsible for maintaining the long-term system success of the CDI program by providing system oversight and direction in PeaceHealth acute care facilities including facilitating hiring/mentoring/retention of CDI staff. Accountable for education, support of providers and caregiver’s, including but not limited to on-site education, assisting with the application of CDI during transition/implementation periods, and assisting with the collection and compiling of information reflective of outcomes associated with CDI. Responsible for increasing program awareness to the system which includes effective use of data, collection and analysis for system and individual hospital and physician profiling. Supports ongoing communication and education on documentation opportunities, as well as performance improvement methodologies to physician and system leadership.
Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, personnel management, fiscal accountability and positive relations with other departments.
Develops objectives including goals and strategies for CDI in all regions/networks. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes.
Directs recruitment, training and staff development.
Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets. Ensures budgetary and operational targets are met.
Supports Case Mix Index of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial patient population in facilities with CDI presence specific to CDI impact.
Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility. Collaborates closely with HIM Coding regarding hospital coding, policies, procedures, Federal and State coding reimbursement guidelines. Works in tandem with coding team to ensure effective partnerships with external CDI vendors.
Leads operational implementation / transitions for regional/network and system CDI projects, including management of vendor relationships.
Implements process to address continual changes in reimbursement methodologies
Develops and presents business proposals and cost/benefit analysis for region/network and system.
Collaborate with inpatient EMR workgroups regarding documentation improvement as needed.
Ability to manage teams in a remote workforce environment.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science in a healthcare field, Health Information Management or Nursing.
• Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum of seven years’ relevant acute care nursing or health information management with focus on CDI experience required
• Minimum five years’ management experience required
• Significant experience as CDS in a hospital setting, including progressively responsible CDI management position, or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
• Demonstrated experience in project management required
• Critical care experience for nursing leaders preferred
• Current Registered Nurse licensure preferred.
• CCDS – Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist or RHIA or RHIT or CDIP or CCDS is preferred.
• ICD-10 certification preferred.
• Epic experience is preferred.
• 3M experience is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
• Strong customer and results focus
• Ability to motivate and coach staff, promote ongoing learning, and lead improvement activity
• Ability to prioritize workloads and work independently, including a remote workforce environment.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware, MS Office applications, database structure, telecommunications, and technology
• Knowledge of Medicare Part A and Part B
• Knowledge of regulatory environment , ACDIS, AHIMA and CMS guidelines
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package at http://www.peacehealth.org/sites/default/files/externalallbenefits_overview.pdf and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video , and visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PeaceHealthCareers or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/peacehealth !
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, WA, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: IT/Health Information Management
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || IT/Health Information Management || Full Time || HEALTH INFO MGMT