Defense Contract Management Agency Procurement Technician in Tukwila, Washington
Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of Department of Defense (DoD) and it partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
Defense Contract Management Agency
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible
- Serves as a Procurement Technician providing administrative and clerical assistance to the Administrative Contracting Officers (ACOs), who administer a variety of complex contracts for major weapons systems, engineering services, training, and research & development.
- Responsible for the review and processing of contractual documents, research, evaluation and preparation of reports, and the initial input for contracts and contract modifications.
- Initiates correspondence to the contractor and to other functional elements when the subject matter is of a repetitive nature and negotiation is not required.
- Develops plans for accomplishment of assigned functions to meet priorities and deadlines. Keeps abreast of changes in policies, regulations and directives to determine effect on overall operations.
- Assists contract administration personnel and Team Chief by compiling data and information needed for contract administration, program reviews, etc.
- Reviews contract documents and extracts information/data to assist ACO, Industrial Specialists, and Team Chief.
- Collects, compiles, prepares and submits data to ACO, Industrial Specialists and Team Chief.
- Types a variety of narrative and tabular material from rough draft and corrected copy. Duties include typing procurement correspondence, narrative and statistical reports, memoranda, etc., in final form.
- Establishes, maintains, and closes out contract records to include: On receipt of contract, makes distribution, prepares record and sets up contract file to reflect the data in the contract.
- Performs final review and provides status of close out actions when notified by ACO and makes appropriate data system entries. Processes the retirement of files for closed contracts and prepares for shipment to appropriate records holding area or disposal as prescribed by regulations.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel is required 10% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience is defined as: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-05. Specialized experience is defined as: Performing procurement support duties that include updating, maintaining, and verifying accuracy of assigned procurement documents or reports, and inputting data into an automated procurement database. Experience using various office automation software and spreadsheets to retrieve and compile data for reports. Experience in prioritizing and organizing workload; maintain suspense files; conduct follow-up with customers and maintain office files. Experience working in a team environment. Education can not be substituted for experience.
Please refer to the OPM Qualification Standards for specific Education/Experience requirements for this position located at: www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp.
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualificationsand http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement. Resumes are rated using Category Rating procedures. If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, based on your possession of job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities your resume will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
May require overtime work.
Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
All selections under an announcement must be made within 90 days from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
Applicant is responsible for checking status updates and notifications. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to applicant.
For general information regarding this vacancy announcement, you may contact the DCMA Job Information Line at
785-239-3529 DSN: 856.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact: email@example.com. Generally, applicant inquiries will be responded to within 10 business days from receipt at the Human Resource Office.
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
Comprehensive health and life insurance
Generous retirement programs
Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
Paid employment related training and education
Possible student loan repayment
Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
Click here for more information.
Special Employment Consideration: DCMA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. For information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator, please visit
Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476322300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-09 to 2017-08-22
Salary: $39,532 to $51,396 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 06
Series: 1106 Procurement Clerical And Technician
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: SWH8P8172059861996349D
Control number: 476322300