CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Controller in Tri Cities, Washington
We’re hiring a Controller to join our outsourcing practice in our Central Washingtonlocation to provide customized short and long-term finance and accounting solutions. The Controller is accountable for identifying and implementing best practices related to the services provided to add value to the client.
Work Activities & Accountabilities
The Controller is responsible for acting as and managing the designated function(s) for the client. S/he is also accountable for identifying and implementing best practices related to the service(s) provided to add value to the client. Develops full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial and operational aspects of his/her specific industry.
- Records and analyzes client’s financial information. Analyzes and interprets financial information that client leaders need to make sound business decisions.
- Prepares financial reports for other groups (creditors, regulatory agencies, and tax authorities, and more).
- Reviews and monitors costs inherent in the business.
- Schedules expenditures, analyzes variances, and may identify corrective actions when necessary. Ability to independently prepare financial statements.
- Maintains knowledge of client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Organizational Interfaces
- The Controller reports directly to the CFO or Outsourcing Principal in charge of the client. S/he regularly interacts with Managing Principals, industry Principals, service Principals, and other functional groups within CLA and at the client site. S/he supervises accounting services staff which may include CLA accounting services staff, client accounting services staff, or both. S/he will typically spend 90% of time on client assignments (majority at client locations).
Key Behavioral Competencies
- The Controller must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. These include a high degree of passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness. Actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at CLA are broadly defined below.
- Leading with Impact: Guides and motivates others and is able to direct team to achieve desired end results.
- Ownership Mindset: Creates expectations of success throughout the firm.
- Entrepreneurial Grit: Has the courage to take action on new ideas, understanding the balance of risks vs. positive outcomes.
- Client Excellence: Anticipates client needs and looks for opportunities to provide proactive consultation.
- People Development: Provides coaching opportunities for others to develop and pursue their passions.
- Clear Communication: Communication has high impact and encourages openness.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Manages challenging issues and understands when appropriate to leverage internal experts.
Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
Required Experience & Education:
Minimum of 5 years relative work experience as a Senior Account, Assistant Controller, Controller or equivalent.
Public accounting experience
BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Accounting Software, Word, Outlook etc.).
Accounting back office experience.
Prior supervisory experience preferred
Ability to travel to client sites.
Certification: CPA preferred.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 17-1383
City: Tri Cities