Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 - Nursing Facility Case Manager in Spokane, Washington
We're looking for someone who is compassionate and highly motivated to help some of the state's most vulnerable residents as a Social Service Specialist 3 - Nursing Facility Case Manager with the Aging and Long-Term Support Administration, Home and Community Services. We currently have 2 jobs available - 1 is located in Spokane; 1 can be located in either Colville or Spokane.
If you are highly experienced in case management, passionate about human services, and able to work independently, but also willing to collaborate with and assist teammates, then this job is perfect for you!
Some of what you will doing:
- Work with nursing facility residents to provide a variety of supportive services to enable them to relocate from the nursing facility to their own homes or other community bases settings
- Conduct comprehensive assessments at the client's residence to determine level of care
- Identify Nursing Facility clients who are eligible for relocation and discharge
- Work with diverse adult, aging, and disabled populations assessing risk and functional abilities
- Interpret comprehensive assessments and client information to authorize the appropriate services
- Travel to field visits - including client homes or community facilities
- Develop individualized client care plans
- Provide client advocacy, as well as consultation, agency and community networking, family support and crisis intervention
- Document all case management activity using computer systems; authorize payment for services
Who should apply?
Professionals with one year of paid experience completing comprehensive assessments and development of individualized service plans for the elderly and disabled adult populations, including determining the level of care to include care needs related to medical, dementia, and geriatric mental health treatment and interventions
Plus one of the following: One year as a Social Service Specialist 2 (formerly Social Worker 2) OR A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field and two years of paid social service experience equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2 OR A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and three years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2
A two year Master's degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
Note: Employees must successfully complete the formal training course sponsored by their division within one year of their appointment.
Questions? Please contact Chris Williams and reference 07155. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,883.00 - $5,101.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2017-07155
Closing: 8/23/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact