Universal Forest Products Maintenance Mechanic in Snohomish, Washington
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum 3 years of formal on-the-job training in machine and tooling repair
- Minimum 1 to 3 year of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
- Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and control technology, and welding.
- Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous wage and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand and use mathematical computations, and to use a computer terminal and a calculator.
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals, to use precision measuring instruments or tools and to use hand tools
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Repairs woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
- Prepares and maintains tooling for all machines.
- Performs set ups, tune ups and runs equipment and machinery around the plant.
- Orders supplies and parts as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintains records of purchase, repair and maintenance activities.
- Manages tooling inventory.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains work area clean and organized.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled