Amazon.com Technical Program Manager, Amazon Web Services in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services has led the cloud computing revolution. Now we're going to change the nature of work. We are building a new product to help people and businesses focus on what matters most to them.
This AWS team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM) to help build and scale up a new family of products from the ground up. We are looking for an individual with excellent leadership and communication skills, experience managing cross-functional projects, strong technical expertise, and customer obsession.
As an early team member, you will take responsibility for identifying operational gaps, developing best practices and defining and owning product milestones. You will be expected to be effective at writing business and technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, and partnering with teams within and outside of Amazon across geographies. Success in this role will require you to be effective at communicating with customers, leadership, and engineering, setting standards and expectations, and being equally comfortable switching from business requirements and product planning to technical architecture discussions.
This is a ground floor opportunity at a product that will transform the way people and businesses work.
• Experience working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams
• Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience in product/project management or related roles
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development build processes, project management and release models
• Quantitative background with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects in an ever-changing environment
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through launch
• Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum
• MBA or an advanced degree in program/project management or related disciplines
AMZR Req ID: 561803
External Company URL: www.amazon.com