City of Seattle Senior Communications Lead (Capital Prjts Coord, Sr) in Seattle, Washington
The Seattle Department of Transportation's (SDOT) Capital Projects & Roadway Structures division is seeking qualified candidates for the Senior Communications Lead (Capital Projects Coordinator, Senior) position. This position will develop and coordinate the communication and public outreach elements for the successful implementation of transportation capital projects. Will work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team, develop public outreach plans and coordinate the communication of project elements to public and private stakeholders, affected communities, and other City staff and agencies.
- Serve as primary contact for public communication on transportation capital projects which includes working with constituents, community members, consultants, and other City staff to implement the outreach elements of transportation capital improvements projects
- Develop and make presentations or briefings on projects and issues to community groups, key City officials, review boards and permit agencies, providing clear and concise information on mitigation efforts or explanations for certain project design decisions
- Develop and implement public involvement plans, disseminate outreach materials (fact sheets, newsletters, fliers, web content, etc.); plan and organize public meetings
- Prepare routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, official documents, and reports; coordinate internal communication with other SDOT divisions, City departments and staff, and with City Council and Mayor's Office
- Execute consultant selection processes consistent with the City's Consultant Contract Procedures for Women and Minority Business Inclusion Plan; develop scopes of work and budgets for Outreach and Communications consultants, oversee consultants' progress; review and authorize invoices for accuracy and authorize payments
- Support departmental goals in promoting diversity and social justice; ensure that outreach materials are translated and interpreted as needed and culturally competent
These responsibilities are only a summary of typical functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration, Urban Planning or related field
- Four years project or construction management experience, or related experience
- Ability to effectively work in a multicultural workplace with a diverse customer base
Other combinations of education, training, and/or experience that provide an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class may be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability.
A valid Washington State driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
- Demonstrated capability to actively manage multiple projects and monitor and maintain the progress of schedules to meet milestones and budget expenditure targets
- Experience leading or supporting public involvement processes
- Working knowledge of traffic planning, transportation projects, and familiarity with Seattle
- Proficiency in using MS Word, MS Project, and MS Excel with experience using project management software
- Moderate to advanced skill using PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, or other graphics software
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Most work is performed in a normal City work/office environment. Field assignments entail exposure to all types of weather, traffic, hazardous/toxic substances, and work in or near construction sites. May be required to lift over 50 pounds. May be required to stand, walk, or bend for extended periods of time. May be required to work nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Overnight travel may be required.
Applications are reviewed after the job posting closes. Complete or submit the following to be considered for this outstanding opportunity:
- NEOGOV online (or paper) application
- Supplemental questionnaire
- A cover letter AND rsum
Your application may be rejected if these items are missing or incomplete. Simply providing a cover letter and rsum is not a substitute for completing the application itself.
Job offer is contingent upon verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process and may include an oral interview, reference and criminal history background check, and a review of driving history.
Learn more about Seattle Department of Transportation by visiting our webpage.
Job Title: Senior Communications Lead (Capital Prjts Coord, Sr)
Job Number: 2017-01026
Salary: $45.82 - $53.43 Hourly
Location: Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Ave., Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Seattle Department of Transportation
Bargaining Unit: PTE, Local 17 - Professionals
Closing Date/Time: Continuous