Hilton Security Officer, Flexible Shifts - DoubleTree Seattle Airport in Seattle, Washington
A Security Officer, Flexible Shifts is responsible for performing protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members.
What will I be doing?
A Security Officer, Flexible Shifts is responsible for performing protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority. Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Administer CPR and First Aid.
What are we looking for?
- Prior law enforcement or military experience OR 1 year of experience as a Security Officer
- Open availability to work varying shifts beginning at 6am, 2pm or 10pm.
- CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain certification upon employment
- Washington State Liquor Card or the ability to obtain the card upon employment
- A valid Washington State driver's license is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain anddemonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonableaccommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs. sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Title: Security Officer, Flexible Shifts - DoubleTree Seattle Airport
Requisition ID: HOT04A7G